The only reason why SSD may fail is exceeding the recommended TBW?

Samael
Go to solution Solved by Midnitewarrior4,

But there is no moving parts like with HHDs.

cpu`s and gpu`s dont have moving parts except for the cooler and they can still fail, same with your psu

Hi there!

There only reason why SSD may fail (without damaging it physically) is exceeding the recommended TBW? 

Thank you for an answer!

you can fry it too?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

well in theory the chips could fail anytime to be honest like any electrical component nothing is certain otherwise there would be no need for warenties

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

well in theory the chips could fail anytime to be honest like any electrical component nothing is certain otherwise there would be no need for warenties

cpu`s and gpu`s dont have moving parts except for the cooler and they can still fail, same with your psu

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Sounds reasonable.. so we are talking about probability here? So, while SSD's fail is less probable it is still possible even without factory bugs and before reaching TBW limit?

Sounds reasonable.. so we are talking about probability here? So, while SSD's fail is less probable it is still possible even without factory bugs and before reaching TBW limit?

Yea you put to much voltage on anything it kills it, too much heat kills as well, and then there are a plethora of other things.

Yea you put to much voltage on anything it kills it, too much heat kills as well, and then there are a plethora of other things.

Those "other things" is what worries me - it kills my perfectionism  :)  :(  Thank you, though!  ;)

but a chip could fail in reality anything electrical can fail anytime its just unlikely because Of Quality of Electrical devices and manufacturing 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

I'm sure if you hit it hard enough it will break... it's not made of uru, it's a piece of plastic with a shroud around it. Break either and it's dead.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*