Can't open "Advanced Control" on the client.

Go to solution Solved by Whaler_99,

No, When I do that I am prompted with a window saying

"C:\Program Files\FAHClient\FAHControl.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

try installing the VS2008 SP1 c++ redistributable from Microsoft. Try running after you install that. If still not work, then do an uninstall and re-install. This seems to fix that error for a lot of people.

Question - is your Windows install fully up-to-date using Windows Update?

I want to know if this is a common issue or if it is something simple that I am just not seeing. On my P4 folder I can't open the advanced control, but I can open the web control and protein viewer... 

I am not sure where to go from here, I am quite new to this game... 

The client is 7.3.6 I believe and it is running on Windows XP. ( Still runs so why change it )

Any and all help is appreciated, Thanks in advanced.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I assume you are doing it from the little icon, on the right in the notifications area? Right-click and choose Advanced? If you are and it just doesn't come up - have you rebooted? If you rebooted, and still not worky... then uninstall FAH - then reboot, then re-install and see if that fixes it.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I assume you are doing it from the little icon, on the right in the notifications area? Right-click and choose Advanced? If you are and it just doesn't come up - have you rebooted? If you rebooted, and still not worky... then uninstall FAH - then reboot, then re-install and see if that fixes it.

I have done that except restarting between unintall and install.. Would it make that big of a difference ? 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

It can - settings and such can remain in the registry and the memory. Also, when you uninstall, there is the option to check to remove Data as well. Did you do that? That also wipes out some customizations.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

It can - settings and such can remain in the registry and the memory. Also, when you uninstall, there is the option to check to remove Data as well. Did you do that? That also wipes out some customizations.

Yup, I clicked that option aswell, I don't have any customizations on that computer. I will have to restart between uninstall and reinstall once the WU is done, 

So I managed to find the time to try what you said and with great hope I couldn't get it to work, You have another idea ? Could it be windows XP ? I really don't know...

So I managed to find the time to try what you said and with great hope I couldn't get it to work, You have another idea ? Could it be windows XP ? I really don't know...

Wouldn't be Windows XP specifically, but could be an issue with your install of windows.

Can you run it by going to Start -> FAHClient (or whatever it is) and run FAHControl?

Wouldn't be Windows XP specifically, but could be an issue with your install of windows.

Can you run it by going to Start -> FAHClient (or whatever it is) and run FAHControl?

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.

try installing the VS2008 SP1 c++ redistributable from Microsoft. Try running after you install that. If still not work, then do an uninstall and re-install. This seems to fix that error for a lot of people.

YES ! 

Thank you, that worked perfectly, 

YES ! 

Thank you, that worked perfectly, 

Excellent!

Don't forget to mark it as Solved - that way other's will know quickly what the fix was.