EA will pay $ 60 million fine for unauthorized use of names and portraits of athlete

ahhming

No-one really chooses to take the useless Swahili classes. They just take them because that's the only way they can keep their scholarship. The alternative is to become a college dropout with no higher education at all.

Why not pay them? The quality of the education they actually get suggests that they're athletes first, and students second, as much as you would like for that to be the other way around.

Schools should have to pay their top guys at the very least. Those guys are not going to school to learn. They're going to school to impress scouts and get drafted. They've worked hard their entire lives for their sport not their academics. 

Like the thought that you could buy a UCONN Shabazz Napier jersey and he doesn't see any of that profit is absurd. Especially when he brings a championship and millions of dollars to your school. He's not entitled to at least something from the school?

No-one really chooses to take the useless Swahili classes. They just take them because that's the only way they can keep their scholarship. The alternative is to become a college dropout with no higher education at all.

No, the alternative is to go to school and pay for it/get academic scholarships like the rest of the students do. it's not like they either go to school as an athlete or become homeless, 

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

This forum officially needs a reading comprehension exam as a requirement for registering. FFS

This forum officially needs a reading comprehension exam as a requirement for registering. FFS

Its the TC's fault for misreading the article. It's NCAA not NBA and Madden. Literal opening line in the TC's post mentions NBA and Madden so its natural most people assume EA is going to be paying the likes of Tom Brady and Lebron James when in actuality it's the NCAA athletes. 

This is about NCAA not Madden. NFL players are compensated in Madden because there are no rules against receiving money or other forms of compensation.

I am aware, I just used madden as an example since it's the highest selling.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Its the TC's fault for misreading the article. It's NCAA not NBA and Madden. Literal opening line in the TC's post mentions NBA and Madden so its natural most people assume EA is going to be paying the likes of Tom Brady and Lebron James when in actuality it's the NCAA athletes. 

I know. OP isn't excluded from my statement; in fact, it was mainly aimed at him.