Windows 7 ISO?

Photogenic

Recently I upgraded my mobo and my cpu and windows 7 wont boot so I want to use the repair feature that shows up when you go to fresh install with a disc, and I am still using a hard drive with windows 7 that came from a hp pavillion that came preinstalled with windows 7, I have the key for windows 7 but I cant seem to find a ISO anywhere because digital river got shut down, if anyone knows a way to fix my windows 7 currently installed or how to get an iso please share! :)

Use recovery partition

Ask a friend for his/her's disk? 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Ask a friend for his/her's disk? 

All of my friends use windows 8 that was preinstalled or they use a mac

how?

Shut down 

when booting hit Smash taht f8 key

and slect recovery

Shut down 

when booting hit Smash taht f8 key

and slect recovery

that does not work

that does not work

check motherboard instructions for boot hotkey, it may not be f8

Recently I upgraded my mobo and my cpu and windows 7 wont boot so I want to use the repair feature that shows up when you go to fresh install with a disc, and I am still using a hard drive with windows 7 that came from a hp pavillion that came preinstalled with windows 7, I have the key for windows 7 but I cant seem to find a ISO anywhere because digital river got shut down, if anyone knows a way to fix my windows 7 currently installed or how to get an iso please share! :)

just search for it on torrents

just make sure you get a MSDN iso

you can verify the md5 of it

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

check motherboard instructions for boot hotkey, it may not be f8

It doesnt say anything in the mobo user guide

It doesnt say anything in the mobo user guide

Did any CD's come with the PC ? 

just search for it on torrents

just make sure you get a MSDN iso

you can verify the md5 of it

You could try this though MSDN copies don't always like HP OEM keys if you can find an HP recovery disk for your system that would be best as then you should have some drivers streamlined.

There are a few problems with this type of upgrade.

1. You have changed the motherboard.

When windows sees a different motherboard with a different  chipset, and different components on the motherboard as well as other items it determines that this is a different system and the license does not permit that.  Some have reported success with removing all of the items from the hardware management section (On Retail OS version installs) and been able to get it to work but I cannot say that it works as I have never tried to do that.

2. You are using an OEM install.

Using an OEM install is pretty much a fail on the ability to change out the motherboard unless the motherboard is exactly the same. The primary reason is the activation requirement of Windows 7. Part of the activation of the operating system is dependent on the bios. The bios has incorporated into it what is know as SLIC (SYSTEM LICENSED INTERNAL CODE) 2.1 is the Software Licensing Table added to the BIOS on OEM PCs that come pre-installed with Windows 7.It is used in concert with a Matching OEM Certificate and Key to Activate Win 7.So by adding it to a BIOS and installing the Matching Certificate and Key, Win 7 will see your PC as a licensed OEM PC. If the motherboard is not an HP board (requirement for the OS activated on the hard drive) it will not work.

There is no way to make it work with a repair disc unless the motherboard is an HP branded BIOS and motherboard. This is a limitation of the activation technology and the OS. This was done on all versions of windows since the advent of windows XP. (activation process) 

IMHO your best bet, if you want to use your new motherboard and processor, is to purchase a new windows 7 retail version and install it on a new hard drive. ( You can install it on you old hard drive but anything that is on that drive will be gone if you format it as recommended, so save what you want if you need files from it. Programs that you have will also be gone as they cannot be saved independently (They hook into the registry and into other parts of the operating system) so make sure that you have any keys for other programs to be re-installed.

Good luck on your venture.

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

http://getintopc.com/ this site has nearly every operating system i've heard of and has win 7 ultimate in 32 and 64 bit versions in iso format

There are a few problems with this type of upgrade.

1. You have changed the motherboard.

When windows sees a different motherboard with a different  chipset, and different components on the motherboard as well as other items it determines that this is a different system and the license does not permit that.  Some have reported success with removing all of the items from the hardware management section (On Retail OS version installs) and been able to get it to work but I cannot say that it works as I have never tried to do that.

2. You are using an OEM install.

Using an OEM install is pretty much a fail on the ability to change out the motherboard unless the motherboard is exactly the same. The primary reason is the activation requirement of Windows 7. Part of the activation of the operating system is dependent on the bios. The bios has incorporated into it what is know as SLIC (SYSTEM LICENSED INTERNAL CODE) 2.1 is the Software Licensing Table added to the BIOS on OEM PCs that come pre-installed with Windows 7.It is used in concert with a Matching OEM Certificate and Key to Activate Win 7.So by adding it to a BIOS and installing the Matching Certificate and Key, Win 7 will see your PC as a licensed OEM PC. If the motherboard is not an HP board (requirement for the OS activated on the hard drive) it will not work.

There is no way to make it work with a repair disc unless the motherboard is an HP branded BIOS and motherboard. This is a limitation of the activation technology and the OS. This was done on all versions of windows since the advent of windows XP. (activation process) 

IMHO your best bet, if you want to use your new motherboard and processor, is to purchase a new windows 7 retail version and install it on a new hard drive. ( You can install it on you old hard drive but anything that is on that drive will be gone if you format it as recommended, so save what you want if you need files from it. Programs that you have will also be gone as they cannot be saved independently (They hook into the registry and into other parts of the operating system) so make sure that you have any keys for other programs to be re-installed.

Good luck on your venture.

So would it work to buy windows 8 from g2a then install it on the same hdd