Microphone Boom Arm

Hey guys! Am having trouble finding a microphone boom arm that is long enough, I need it to be 40ins in horizontal reach and be able to hold a AT2020 micophone in a shock mount, dosent seem to be any unless am just not lookin hard enough.  :lol: 

I don't mean to go off topic but have you compared the AT2020 to the Blue Yeti? The Yeti is quite sensitive to background noise and I kind of regret purchasing it.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

I don't mean to go off topic but have you compared the AT2020 to the Blue Yeti? The Yeti is quite sensitive to background noise and I kind of regret purchasing it.

Yes I have,and it is. I take it you have the gain turned all the way down and with it on cardioid? 

Yes I have,and it is. I take it you have the gain turned all the way down and with it on cardioid? 

Yep. My desk is kindof full so I can't really position it far and I cannot find a stand and shockmount that would fit the yeti easily according to amazon reviews so this is why I am considering the AT2020 now.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Yep. My desk is kindof full so I can't really position it far and I cannot find a stand and shockmount that would fit the yeti easily according to amazon reviews so this is why I am considering the AT2020 now.

the AT2020 is very good for vocals but it will still pick up keyboard clicks and mouse clicks but no were near as bad and can be easily edited out I had both the snowball & the yeti and had the same problems as you thats why I sold them I think both the mics are very overrated....so hows that boom arm coming?  ;) 

the AT2020 is very good for vocals but it will still pick up keyboard clicks and mouse clicks but no were near as bad and can be easily edited out I had both the snowball & the yeti and had the same problems as you thats why I sold them I think both the mics are very overrated....so hows that boom arm coming?  ;) 

http://www.amazon.com/Broadcast-Studio-Microphone-Suspension-Scissor/dp/B00AK7SKL4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1374952582&sr=8-3&keywords=boom+arm

edit: Highest I could find is 13.5inches

http://www.amazon.com/Broadcasting-Studio-Microphone-Suspension-Scissor/dp/B0061KSXM0/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1374952865&sr=8-12&keywords=boom+arm

the AT2020 is very good for vocals but it will still pick up keyboard clicks and mouse clicks but no were near as bad and can be easily edited out I had both the snowball & the yeti and had the same problems as you thats why I sold them I think both the mics are very overrated....so hows that boom arm coming?   ;) 

Picking them up is fine as long as it isn't louder than my own voice  :lol:

Is a full on mic stand ok or does it need to clip onto a table top?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Is a full on mic stand ok or does it need to clip onto a table top?

Clip onto the side of my desk 

"Picking them up is fine as long as it isn't louder than my own voice  :lol:"

Then it's a good choice.  B)