For Tech Reviewers or Youtubers Fighting Criticisms.... :(

AlvinPacheco

Hi, I just wanna share what I'm feeling right now. I don't actually know what to say because it's impossible to express my feelings in a forum but here it goes.

Why does it actually feel like even when you get 100 good feedbacks on your works, there is 1 negative one that can pull that 100 down so hard.

I know constructive criticism is really good for us especially when we are just starting but.. why? why do some comments just feels like they don't really believe in what you are doing??? Well I'm thinking on how Linus and the crew got successful.. and i know they receive lots of criticisms (constructive and constructive) until now but how do they manage to be strong? because I can't... every time I receive some bad or negative comments it wanna makes me giveup on what I love to do. Well good thing i didn't.

well you can share your experiences here.. Hope someone feels the same.

Adobo, Kilawin, Liempo and More. :)

You'll grow a thicker skin and ignore useless feedback in time  ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Usually, I don't care. If its constructive criticism, then good. Use that to improve on it later. 

But if its the usual "Cursing kid" or "Make fun of person" then I either remove it, or ignore it. Simple as that. 

Edit: Forgot you asked why it hurts when you read it. Well, for some, they have never been hurt like that. And some youtubers/reviewers take what those people say way too hard.

Another Edit: If you have a like/dislike ratio of 100/1 then I'd consider yourself good. Thats a 99% positive ratio. I wouldn't even be complaining no matter how bad that comment was. 

Edited by BrandonTheCat

The internet is the #1 place for people to project their insecurities. Many people are trying to seek enjoyment out of making other people feel bad. Do not acknowledge these people, they live horrible empty lives and are not deserving of your time.

It can be hard. Especially when you have a vision for a project in a long term, however when the end consumer (I guess thats the best word) doesn't realize it or doesn't know voices their thoughts negatively. That causes a lot of new people to youtube or even streaming to go off the rails on your vision or not complete it because you don't think its worth it.

However, when you get all praise it can also bring you down. At least it does for me especially when I know a project isn't perfect and I want input on how to improve it. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

how you feel in response to most things is up to you. words only have as much power as you give them. got to toughen up mentally a bit to make it. 

If you try to please everyone, you'll often end up pleasing no one. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

People are mean, people are stupid. I tend to ignore those one in a hundred voices unless their feedback is actually decent but the tone isn't so positive.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

You'll grow a thicker skin and ignore useless feedback in time  ;)

Yeah I'm starting to feel that. Thanks

Usually, I don't care. If its constructive criticism, then good. Use that to improve on it later. 

But if its the usual "Cursing kid" or "Make fun of person" then I either remove it, or ignore it. Simple as that. 

Edit: Forgot you asked why it hurts when you read it. Well, for some, they have never been hurt like that. And some youtubers/reviewers take what those people say way too hard.

Another Edit: If you have a like/dislike ratio of 100/1 then I'd consider yourself good. Thats a 99% positive ratio. I wouldn't even be complaining no matter how bad that comment was. 

Well It there are just comments that when you read it really stands out and hurts you.. I can't describe it but its a constructive criticism but the way he delivers it is destructive.

I really agree to the "Cursing Kid" and "Make fun of person" I usually ignore that, i don't delete comments in my videos so there will be transparency among viewers

The internet is the #1 place for people to project their insecurities. Many people are trying to seek enjoyment out of making other people feel bad. Do not acknowledge these people, they live horrible empty lives and are not deserving of your time.

Thank you

It can be hard. Especially when you have a vision for a project in a long term, however when the end consumer (I guess thats the best word) doesn't realize it or doesn't know voices their thoughts negatively. That causes a lot of new people to youtube or even streaming to go off the rails on your vision or not complete it because you don't think its worth it.

However, when you get all praise it can also bring you down. At least it does for me especially when I know a project isn't perfect and I want input on how to improve it. 

Yeah, there are times that even you think that what you've done is great, end consumers doesn't feel the same way.

how you feel in response to most things is up to you. words only have as much power as you give them. got to toughen up mentally a bit to make it. 

Yeah, thanks.

Well It there are just comments that when you read it really stands out and hurts you.. I can't describe it but its a constructive criticism but the way he delivers it is destructive.

I really agree to the "Cursing Kid" and "Make fun of person" I usually ignore that, i don't delete comments in my videos so there will be transparency among viewers

I completely agree. But I still typically ignore it. Unless it's constructive, I use it. If it's hurtful, then ignore it.