LG 34UM94 Gaming performance

demetrij

I'm getting this new monitor soon, and i-m wondering what kinds of frame rates I could expect to get in different games with my build.

Here it is:

-AMD FX-8370E Black Edition CPU

-Gigabyte 970A-UD3P

-8GB (4gb x 2) HyperX Fury DDR3 1866mhz

-Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming

-Corsair 600W Psu

The monitor is 3440x1440 and 21:9 if you are unfamiliar with it.

First of all,I would recommend you getting  the 29MU65, it has a lower resolution but higher pixel density ,plus it Supports freesync technology as your graphics card.As for your build's framerat in different games it should look something like the ones in the video below:

Your question is a whole load of confusing.  You don't really believe that a new monitor will give you a better FPS? Or are you just wanting to let people know that you're buying that monitor?

First of all,I would recommend you getting  the 29MU65, it has a lower resolution but higher pixel density ,plus it Supports freesync technology as your graphics card.As for your build's framerat in different games it should look something like the ones in the video below:

I think he already has the PC, just getting a new monitor.

Your question is a whole load of confusing.  You don't really believe that a new monitor will give you a better FPS? Or are you just wanting to let people know that you're buying that monitor?

I think he meant what will his system's performance will be in relation to his monitor's resolution

He has a 980ti what he would want would be G-Sync.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

I think he meant what will his system's performance will be in relation to his monitor's resolution

I didn't get that from the question, but fair enough.  I heard someone saying I'm getting a new monitor what kind of frame rates will I then get on this PC I already have.  I have nothing constructive to add to this so I'll bow out and let you lot help!

He has a 980ti what he would want would be G-Sync.

He doesn't have a 980ti he has a 980 GI gaming from gigabyte.

He doesn't have a 980ti he has a 980 GI gaming from gigabyte.

Oh yeah I miss read that woops...

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

There are so many things wrong with this post ._. The video is for a 4k resolution not 1440p so it doesn't help him, and he has a GTX 980 not an AMD card so freesync means nothing to him, and you also typed the product code wrong 

But the question he asked seems to be what FPS could he get at 3440x1440p with the build he currently has. 

With a 980 you should be able to get 60 fps in most games at ultra settings if you turn off AA which isn't needed at 1440p anyway, and turn off things like hairworks in The Witcher 3

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

First of all,I would recommend you getting the 29MU65, it has a lower resolution but higher pixel density ,plus it Supports freesync technology as your graphics card.As for your build's framerat in different games it should look something like the ones in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6AYFcSxCs

Thanks so much this was exactly the kind of thing i was looking for!

There are so many things wrong with this post ._. The video is for a 4k resolution not 1440p so it doesn't help him, and he has a GTX 980 not an AMD card so freesync means nothing to him, and you also typed the product code wrong

But the question he asked seems to be what FPS could he get at 3440x1440p with the build he currently has.

With a 980 you should be able to get 60 fps in most games at ultra settings if you turn off AA which isn't needed at 1440p anyway, and turn off things like hairworks in The Witcher 3

And thank you as well! I've been looking at benchmarks in 2k and 4k with this card and just assuming i'd be getting frame rates somewhere in between the two. Since it's really hard to find benchmarks done in 21:9 at my resolution. :/

Your question is a whole load of confusing. You don't really believe that a new monitor will give you a better FPS? Or are you just wanting to let people know that you're buying that monitor?

I was just wondering what results I could expect to see in games with this monitor and my current system.

No it DOES NOT SUPPORT FREESYNC.

The 29um67 does.

Heres the list of gaming 21:9s:

LG 29um67 - 29inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync
LG 34um67 - 34inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync

Acer z35 - 35inch, VA, 2560x1080, 144hz, gsync
Benq xr3501 - 35inch, VA, 2560x1080, 144hz, no-sync

Asus pg34q - 34inch, IPS, 3440x1440, 75hz, gsync
Acer x34 - 34inch, IPS, 3440x1440, 100hz, gsync