EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0 vs Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP!

x Relentless Xx

The cooler on the Evga cards just aren't as good. I can't really comment on the Strix and it's not even out yet. Gigabyte g1 is OK. Reports of coil whine. Big ass heatsink though, 3 fans, so if you prioritize cooling above noise. MSI's card is quieter out of those options. Solid reviews thus far. Not sure about the Zotacs.

There are too many 980ti threads. We need to consolidate.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Zotac makes the most god awful looking GPU coolers.

Orange fans surrounded by grey plastic with a diagonal white racing stripe and black fan bearing housing=butt ugly in my book.

Having a side window panel rules out Zotac for me.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

and your reasoning is?

AMP extreme has a much bigger heatsink, im simply comparing cooling, so with the extreme u can OC more then u can with an ACX, but a standard AMP!  is still dual slot so i would stick with EVGA

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Orange fans surrounded by grey plastic with a diagonal white racing stripe and black fan bearing housing=butt ugly in my book.

Clearly havent seen the 980Ti's from Zotac LOL

Clearly havent seen the 980Ti's from Zotac LOL

I just looked at Zotac's 980 ti. Its an improvement over their 980(anything is), but its still probably the least visually appealing non reference 980 ti I've seen so far.

Maybe its just me. I also think inno3d's 980s were pretty hideous looking too, possibly worse than the Zotac, although in a video I watched of a sound comparison the inno3d was the quietest by far. The windforce g1 was the arguably the nicest looking but sounded like a banshee at full speed, so looks aren't everything.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Im picky, and also, feast your eyes on the loudness

The first setting is at 60% fan speed, it shouldn't need to be that fast if you have decent airflow.

Edit - Sorry, I missed your reply to someone else already acknowledging that. I've read some people have volume issues with their G1s and other having no problems, not that it even matters though since you are looking for something to match your colour scheme anyway.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

What ever Card you saw. Its not the Zotac.

And the amp! extreme isnt that ugly. Power counts more to me and to this point, zotacs extreme is unmached.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

i think you should wait for Asus GTX 980Ti Strix. you can paint red areas. (or you can sticker  :lol: )