Recommanding books for learning Delphi and C++

Hello folks,

I am planning to teach myself some new programming languages (Delphi and C++) and would like to ask the knowledge people over here if they could recommend some well written books that could help me on my journey. I sadly did not find any online resource that truely satisfied and I generally prefer books as it is easier to annotate them!

Something with not too bulky text passages and lots of example would be awesome :)

Thank you in advance

Use lynda.com (or just the trial if you are cheap like me), you will help your self and the LMG crew! Link is below:

http://www.lynda.com/promo/trial/Default.aspx?lpk35=7810&utm_medium=sponsorship-video&utm_campaign=vanity-10day&utm_source=ind-wanshow-video&cid=l0:en:sp:lp:prosb:s0:0:all:linusmedia-thewanshow:spo-pod-aud-dim0-ft10-c001

I don't have any other suggestions though, as I don't use books :P

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Well I did all my Delphi learning the hard way  :lol: but I can recommend C++ Primer 5th edition, it's got the new C++ 11 coverage and is quite simply awesome for beginners.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I can't recommend books, but I can recommend publishers that you can search for your books:

O'Reilly

Appress

Packt

Wiley

McGraw-Hill

there are more, I can't think of.

Comb it with a brick

Thank you very much everyone,I will look into all your suggestions :)