How to Get Close to Stock Android?

I have an LG G3, but I love stock Android. Would you guys give me some tips on how to get my phone as close to having stock Android as possible? Thanks in advance.

(Message to the phone makers - not you)

Don't bloat your phones with shit that only some people will use - and add an option/toggle for stock Android (I don't even know if that last part is possible)

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

I have an LG G3, but I love stock Android. Would you guys give me some tips on how to get my phone as close to having stock Android as possible? Thanks in advance.

cyanogen mod

my One M8 is running CM 12.1

badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges

Heh, I love my Nexus.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Your best option would be to flash an AOSP ROM such as Cyanogenmod, Resurrection, or SlimLP. SlimLP and Resurrection are basically tweaked versions of Cyanogenmod with a HUGE LOAD of added features. A ROM  I highly recommend is,  BlissPop it's smooth and has so many features.

But if you want simplicity, go with SlimLP or Cyanogenmod

Blisspop: http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/development/rom-blisspop-v2-0-ls990-t3022685

SlimLP: http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/orig-development/slimlp-t3033808

cyanogen mod

my One M8 is running CM 12.1

I apologize if I sound stupid, but don't I have to root?

CM12.1

If you want to make your device almost exactly like stock Android, you'll have to grant root access to it (you'll need to unlock your bootloader for this if it is locked. Google on how). You'll also need a custom recovery. I highly recommend TWRP. Read up on everything you need to know and more because you can brick your phone while doing this if it is done improperly, but you should be fine. I've bricked phones before doing this, but they always end up recovering. Then, install a stock Android-based ROM, like CyanogenMod 12.

If you don't want to go down this path, get an AOSP launcher (the Google Now Launcher is great, but I highly recommend Nova Launcher as you can change the icons to mimic AOSP Lollipop) and an AOSP-like lockscreen.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Root it

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Root the G3 and then install a custom ROM such as CyanogenMod, BlissPop, SlimROMs, etc. etc. 

The G3 is super easy to root too. There's a program that does everything for you. 

COMIC SANS

But before you root, do make sure you are confident in doing so, as rooting voids your warranty (but if it's expired, doesn't matter). Some stock features may be lost until you install back the stock ROM again.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

yes you do, but as long as you follow instructions carefully for your phone it should work out 10/10

badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges

Install a stock Android ROM. Look around and find the version you need.

[witty signature]

CyanogenMod. Although, if you're using a nightly, please don't complain about your phone crashing.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I will say the LG G3 is super easy to root if you do it correctly. I almost bricked my LG G3 on my first attempt, although I wasn't following the right instructions. Second time worked like a charm. Once you have it rooted and installed a custom recovery (I recommend TWRP), make a backup of your stock ROM (the one that came with the LG G3)! That way you can flash it back to that ROM, unroot, and send it in for repairs. Or, if your custom ROM isn't good for you or it messes up, you have a back-up. I literally have a micro-SD card dedicated to my back-up (copied it to my computer as well). Just make sure you follow the correct guide for your model number (D855, D852, etc) so you don't screw up your phone.

The only issue about custom ROM's with the LG G3 is that most ROM's don't take advantage of the camera, although most aren't designed for just the LG G3. I heard CM 12.1 doesn't take as good photos compared to the stock LG G3 ROM, but I think a good camera app will fix that.