Finally going to do it!

Hello everyone,

I thought it'd never come, but here it is, the day I'm going to order parts for my FIRST SELF BUILT pc :D .

Now, I know that this post has been made already about a million billion times, but please help me out too.

Now, I live in Europe, and the parts are not as cheap as in the US...

So too bad, but I have saved all my money up, and now I have enough to buy a decent build!

So here's the list

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€98.14) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  (€415.31) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  (€72.08) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (€106.84) 
Monitor: AOC i2369V 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  (€169.23) 
Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard  (€15.00) 
Mouse: Logitech Performance Wireless Laser Mouse  (Purchased For €49.99) 
Total: €1921.57
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-01 17:22 CEST+0200

These prices are from my local store, it's some more expensive,
but the service is awesome!
Is this a good list? Are there any bottlenecks that you found?
What can I improve?

EDIT 1:added peripherals

Currently rocking a crappy 550$ toshiba laptop without a dedicated graphics card.

So... I'm looking forward to building my very first pc!

the only thing I would change is looking up is getting an AX (I think the new ones are AXi) series power supply they are from corsair and modular, meaning you only plug in the cabling you need and the end result is much cleaner. though the cost is a healthy step up.

this is the cheapest I could find. http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-ax760

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Don't get that SSD, get another line an MX100 or a 850evo or even an Adata premier SSD, this SSD is trash. Really not worth the money.

Rest of the build is pretty good.

This basically, scrap that SSD and the rest is decent :D

maybe get a windows licence off G2A and spend that money elsewhere

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Don't get that SSD, get another line an MX100 or a 850evo or even an Adata premier SSD, this SSD is trash. Really not worth the money.

Thanks for the tip! Also, I will buy a license from that store, I know the owner and I won't be able to say I'm going to make it a linux system and later buying a windows license elsewhere cheaper...

the only thing I would change is looking up is getting an AX (I think the new ones are AXi) series power supply they are from corsair and modular, meaning you only plug in the cabling you need and the end result is much cleaner. though the cost is a healthy step up.

this is the cheapest I could find. http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-ax760

It's already a step up from the Cooler Master Bx600w psu I first chose...

Currently rocking a crappy 550$ toshiba laptop without a dedicated graphics card.

What about the crucial mx200 ssd?

Thanks for the tip! Also, I will buy a license from that store, I know the owner and I won't be able to say I'm going to make it a linux system and later buying a windows license elsewhere cheaper...

Why not? haha its perfectly logical to save like 80 euros

Are you planning to game in triple monitor surround? 

What about the crucial mx200 ssd?

Crucials are great :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

its your call but I can say after using an AX psu...any enthusiast build I wont be using a non-modular solution ever again personally.  

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Check put the evga gs models, they are much better than the corsair hx ones

Why not? haha its perfectly logical to save like 80 euros

Are you planning to game in triple monitor surround? 

Crucials are great :)

No heavy games no, I am hoping I can get TF2 and minecraft on 3 monitors at at least 30fps running...

And If not, I'll definitely step up to a 1440p/4k screen later, and use the rest for productivity!

No heavy games no, I am hoping I can get TF2 and minecraft on 3 monitors at at least 30fps running...

And If not, I'll definitely step up to a 1440p/4k screen later, and use the rest for productivity!

Ah ok id personally just go for 1440p straight away, but then again I hate surround :D so dont listen  to me

Check put the evga gs models, they are much better than the corsair hx ones

The only thingis, reason I am not using the NZXT s340 and an EVGA PSU and GPU is because those brands aren't available there...

Too bad I guess (and no, I will not go to another store)

Ah ok id personally just go for 1440p straight away, but then again I hate surround :D so dont listen  to me

I never tried it, but I needed at least 2 monitors for productivity, so I thought why not go all the way and buy 3

The only thingis, reason I am not using the NZXT s340 and an EVGA PSU and GPU is because those brands aren't available there...

Too bad I guess (and no, I will not go to another store)

thats ok, :) any seasonic or antec high current those are good too.

Crucial SSDs are great for the price like @ShadowCaptain said aswell ;), enjoy your PC!

Thanks

~snip~

Hey Reds Duty,

The build generally looks great and well planned. 16GB might be a bit overkill for gaming and 2x4GB should be enough, but if you can afford 2x8GB it won't hurt and would give you more room for multitasking and other things. If you plan on adding more GPUs to your system and OC them I'd pump up the PSU with 50W-100W more just to be on the safe side, avoid coil whining and enable the PSU fan to spin up less often. Everything else seems pretty good. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey Reds Duty,

The build generally looks great and well planned. 16GB might be a bit overkill for gaming and 2x4GB should be enough, but if you can afford 2x8GB it won't hurt and would give you more room for multitasking and other things. If you plan on adding more GPUs to your system and OC them I'd pump up the PSU with 50W-100W more just to be on the safe side, avoid coil whining and enable the PSU fan to spin up less often. Everything else seems pretty good. :)

Captain_WD.

Hello

Thanks for your help.

I am not planning on adding another gpu, the headroom is there for future upgrades of parts, and mild overclocking + for if the parts get a little older.

I did indeed a lot of research, and I changed the parts list WAY to often.

The original plan was 2 monitors, a R9 270x and an amd fx 6300...

So things got slightly out of hand... But it will be worth it!

Greetings Reds Duty

• 2 weeks later...

@SkywardKkalox @Nexxus @ShadowCaptain @blackadder @Captain_WD

Hi all!

I'm just writing this for a quick update!

I've ordered the parts as you know, and they arrived at my local store.

But because I am on vacation, I won't be able to pick them up before the 21th of July!

So, it will be a bit quiet 'till then...

When I get my parts this will turn into a true build log!

Hope you tune in, and give me some advice!

Greetings Reds Duty

@SkywardKkalox @Nexxus @ShadowCaptain @blackadder @Captain_WD

Hi all!

I'm just writing this for a quick update!

I've ordered the parts as you know, and they arrived at my local store.

But because I am on vacation, I won't be able to pick them up before the 21th of July!

So, it will be a bit quiet 'till then...

When I get my parts this will turn into a true build log!

Hope you tune in, and give me some advice!

Greetings Reds Duty

sure thing :) post back whenever you are ready :) and enjoy your vacation! 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

sure thing :) post back whenever you are ready :) and enjoy your vacation! 

Captain_WD.

Thanks, doing all the research on how to assamble my specific parts in the meantime

• 2 weeks later...

@SkywardKkalox @Nexxus @ShadowCaptain @blackadder @captain_WD

HUGE UPDATE!

I arrived home, and got the parts.

So, I prepared everything, and tomorrow I start building. I also already unpacked the displays, because I couldn't wait.

https://goo.gl/photos/DbKYUZS6hr1sUg526

Through this link you will find some picture of the current progress. I'll keep you up to date!

Greetings

Reds Duty

ooooh