Computer does not turn on

tobeyyy

Just upgraded my computer, use power on button, CPU fan twitches, MOBO stays on(got a start button and all)

Tried removing one set of memory then turning on, did not work

Tried removing GPU then turning on, did not work

Thoughts?

Edit: Everythings connected btw

What exactly did you upgrade?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

What did you upgrade?

You bugger, you beat me to the punch lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

check your power connections

psu might not be able to power your pc

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

850W, it'll do the trick

Upgraded MOBO, CPU, Case

Specifications

CPU: I5 4690k

Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

GPU: GTX 780 Ti

MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS VII RANGER

PSU: XFX ProSeries Core Edition 850W

Memory: HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8GB Black KIT

850W, it'll do the trick

Upgraded MOBO, CPU, Case

Specifications

CPU: I5 4690k

Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

GPU: GTX 780 Ti

MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS VII RANGER

PSU: XFX ProSeries Core Edition 850W

Memory: HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8GB Black KIT

Make sure you have the monitor cable plugged into the graphic card port and not the one on the motherboard.  And make sure it is making good connection to your monitor as well.

Make sure you have the monitor cable plugged into the graphic card port and not the one on the motherboard.

sigh

sigh

Happened just yesterday with someone else.  You said the fans turn on and everything.  The only thing that comes to mind is that nothing is being displayed to the monitor, meaning you have your cable plugged into the wrong port.

sigh

Sounds like a stupid question but we've had that quite a few times on here. It wasn't meant to insult your intelligence mate. We're trying to diagnose faults without actually inspecting your PC.

Please don't take offence.

Happened just yesterday with someone else.  You said the fans turn on and everything.  The only thing that comes to mind is that nothing is being displayed to the monitor, meaning you have your cable plugged into the wrong port.

No, the fans twitch and move like half an inch and then nothing happens

No, the fans twitch and move like half an inch and then nothing happens

CPU connector connected, RAM installed correctly?

Forgot to mention, when I had connected everything(before cablemanagment) I was able to boot it up into BIOS and OS, afterwards I did the cable managment and connected the keyboard, mice, etc... That's when it didn't wanna start

Got any ideas? I've checked that every cable is connected

Forgot to mention, when I had connected everything(before cablemanagment) I was able to boot it up into BIOS and OS, afterwards I did the cable managment and connected the keyboard, mice, etc... That's when it didn't wanna start

Can you take a picture (hopefully in good light) of the inside of your PC because I'm struggling to think what else could be the problem unless you failed to ground yourself and accidentally touched a component.

Try turning your computer on by telling it that it has many curves and is sexy!

It works with the ladies (and computers), all the time.

My swag in GNU Fortran.

integer :: swag_level = 9999

I am a Free Software Developer. I run Trisquel GNU/Linux and I love Python, Fortran, GNU Modula, C and Lisp.

You might want to unplug it from the wall. And leave it off for five seconds. That has happened to my computer before, let all power drain, plug it back in, and voila, it should start.

My swag in GNU Fortran.

integer :: swag_level = 9999

I am a Free Software Developer. I run Trisquel GNU/Linux and I love Python, Fortran, GNU Modula, C and Lisp.

A cable could be loose.  Either a power cable to the motherboard, or if the PSU is modular it could be loose there as well.  I would unplug all the power cables from the power supply and motherboard and then reattach them so that they have nice firm connections.

Even if you say they are connected, I've had things where I unplugged it and replugged it and it suddenly worked.  Just didn't like the connection for some reason.

Can you take a picture (hopefully in good light) of the inside of your PC because I'm struggling to think what else could be the problem unless you failed to ground yourself and accidentally touched a component.

Used wristband,

http://imgur.com/7WBJEm0,Q7o9zJz,JB12qVX,dCc7HM9 (hope the pics r fine)

Sorry for the shitty cable managment, too many cables to fit in the back :/

You might want to unplug it from the wall. And leave it off for five seconds. That has happened to my computer before, let all power drain, plug it back in, and voila, it should start.

Tried it, didn't work ;/

Used wristband,

http://imgur.com/7WBJEm0,Q7o9zJz,JB12qVX,dCc7HM9 (hope the pics r fine)

Sorry for the shitty cable managment, too many cables to fit in the back :/

I can't see anything out of the ordinary, have you tried resetting the CMOS because I'm really running low on ideas. The only thing I can think of is reverting back to your old hardware and seeing if it boots up.

Or to try first you could try installing your old PSU, you never know.

I can't see anything out of the ordinary, have you tried resetting the CMOS because I'm really running low on ideas. The only thing I can think of is reverting back to your old hardware and seeing if it boots up.

Or to try first you could try installing your old PSU, you never know.

Tried resetting it by using the button on the MOBO, should I try remove the battery then try turning it on, and then putting it back in?

Tried resetting it by using the button on the MOBO, should I try remove the battery then try turning it on, and then putting it back in?

I don't think it would make any difference since it is pretty much the same thing as clearing the CMOS though you could give it a go.

I don't think it would make any difference since it is pretty much the same thing as clearing the CMOS though you could give it a go.

Ah well, fuck me

Ah well, fuck me

What board and CPU did you have before?