My head hurts. Can't decide between MSI 980TI or EVGA 980TI Hybrid

TheConverter

Which one is the best and why?

I could go with the MSI one because it's cheaper, better availability and because it will be easier to sell when I want to upgrade.

Or I could go with the EVGA Hybrid one, because it's way cooler,quieter but it's a bit more expensive and it isn't availabe anywhere (here in the Netherlands)

Thanks.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Go ballz to the wallz or go home , thats what i say .

SO buy the EVGA Hybrid .

(⌐■_■) 

EBGA HYBRAID.

It's a freggin watercooler for cheaper then a air cooler.

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

EVGA

I personally think it looks better. Plus it is a water cooler. And will be quiet even when OC'd. Plus, more money when and if you sell it on later. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

EBGA HYBRAID.

It's a freggin watercooler for cheaper then a air cooler.

Cheaper? Where lmao.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

EVGA

I personally think it looks better. Plus it is a water cooler. And will be quiet even when OC'd. Plus, more money when and if you sell it on later. 

Yeah but EVGA is reference and MSI = Custom PCB.

I could also go with the Gigabyte one but damn that thing is long/heavy.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

EVGA just for the warranties 

Warranty is 36 months on both. Can you eli5 what's so great about EVGA's support?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Warranty is 36 months on both. Can you eli5 what's so great about EVGA's support?

They are amazing, great RMA process and awesome tech support. Just get the EVGA card.. NOW. RUN. GET IT. jk rlly tho go with EVGA

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Personally I'd get the MSI though I'd wait a little longer to see what the MSI Lightning has to offer

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

They are amazing, great RMA process and awesome tech support. Just get the EVGA card.. NOW. RUN. GET IT. jk rlly tho go with EVGA

Here you go;

MSI prices: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/448446/msi-gtx-980-ti-gaming-6g.html (799 euro in a few days at a shop that ran out of stock)

EVGA prices: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/448462/evga-geforce-gtx-980-ti-6gb-hybrid.html

Fucking european prices  :angry:

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Here you go;

MSI prices: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/448446/msi-gtx-980-ti-gaming-6g.html (799 euro in a few days at a shop that ran out of stock)

EVGA prices: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/448462/evga-geforce-gtx-980-ti-6gb-hybrid.html

EVGA Then hahah, european prices are fucked up yes..

Here you go;

Not that big a price diff, EVGAAAAAAAA

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Not that big a price diff, EVGAAAAAAAA

Yeah, i really hope it will be available soon.

I willl be installing the 980TI in this case guys:

1386864319.png

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yeah but EVGA is reference and MSI = Custom PCB.

I could also go with the Gigabyte one but damn that thing is long/heavy.

It still gets into the high 1400s when overclocked. 

Cheaper? Where lmao.

I read quieter as cheaper lol

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

It still gets into the high 1400s when overclocked. 

Yeah, should be enough.

Inb4 some crazy new EVGA card comes in 1-2 months with oc in the 1600's.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yeah, should be enough.

Inb4 some crazy new EVGA card comes in 1-2 months with oc in the 1600's.

The hybrid classified. 

The hybrid classified. 

If you have money for custom loop you might aswell buy a TITAN X Hybrid and then OC it.

Also if you have more card in SLI a custom loop would be hotter.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

id get a zotac card, all their 980tis come with 5 year warranties. I have a reference one and its a beast. 

I also have an air 540 case, and i plan to add an AIO cooler to my GPU as it runs at about 85c under full load gaming, ambient temp was 30c so a 55c delta.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

id get a zotac card, all their 980tis come with 5 year warranties. I have a reference one and its a beast. 

I also have an air 540 case, and i plan to add an AIO cooler to my GPU as it runs at about 85c under full load gaming, ambient temp was 30c so a 55c delta.

Lmao who the fuck cares about 5 years? I don't even think I'm gonna use this card for 1 year because Pascal cards will make all cards on the market worthless.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Lmao who the fuck cares about 5 years? I don't even think I'm gonna use this card for 1 year because Pascal cards will make all cards on the market worthless.

then if you're that flippant about not having the card long, why care which 980ti you get.. all will perform within a 5% margin.. that margin won't make a difference now, and it won't make a difference in a years time.

Plus i wouldnt buy into the Pascal rumours just yet.. look what happened to AMDs game changer ;)

also selling a card even if its a year old with 4 years warranty still on it.. mean people will pay more if they're on a budget looking for a card for longevity!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

If the 980ti Galaxy comes out soon, I might have to donate my left testicle to get one of those beauties!

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

If the 980ti Galaxy comes out soon, I might have to donate my left testicle to get one of those beauties!

I'm also doing a white/black build, so a black card like Gigabyte/EVGA would be the best  :P

By the way, the HOF edition are really overpriced, they even cost more then watercooled editions.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Or I could go with the EVGA Hybrid one, because it's way cooler,quieter but it's a bit more expensive and it isn't availabe anywhere (here in the Netherlands)

Ik zou voor de Hybrid gaan als je het kan betalen. Aan de andere kant is het wel weer iets dat geluid kan maken (de pomp) en sneller kabot kan gaan.

Maar je bent toch al voluit gegaan voor de 980Ti dusja, dan kan je het evengoed GOED doen :) (heb zelf een 980ti G1 besteld voor 700)

I would go for the Hybrid. Go balls out if you can afford it.

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD