Is it safe to buy a graphics card off of ebay?

My situation: 

U.s price for the 980ti = 650 Dollars

Sweden Trusted Reseller = 7000kr  850 Dollars

Ebay Sweden price = 5700kr 688 Dollars (cheapest one i could find after some time searching)

The u.s price as you can see is a lot cheaper just because of some bullshit reason. And i know that the prices will drop when the quantity starts balancing with the demand. And the only reason i+m considering is that people are taking advantage of it. When it´s so much cheaper in the u.s then why not exploit it and make a profit?

So my questions are. Why is it so much cheaper? Is it safe? How can i make it safer? Is it worth it? What will happen if i get scammed? Is it my fault for not making sure that it´s safe?

All help appreciated.

You're buying your ex a graphics card off of ebay? o.0W

Meant it as Example.

Meant it as Example.

That's an interesting example. You can always contact the seller and ask him

det är alltid billigare i usa, but now back to english its probably fine but amazon international might have something for you my swedish friend :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Ebay has great buyer protection.  I've only had 1 issue when buying PC parts on ebay and they went to bat for me and made sure I got a full refund.  I say go for it!

Just buy from a trusted seller and you should be fine?

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

det är alltid billigare i usa, but now back to english its probably fine but amazon international might have something for you my swedish friend :P

Berätta mer... My friend.

Just buy from a trusted seller and you should be fine?

That´s what i´m thinking. But there is always that chance that i will get buttfucked.

My situation: 

U.s price for the 980ti = 650 Dollars

Sweden Trusted Reseller = 7000kr  850 Dollars

Ebay Sweden price = 5700kr 688 Dollars (cheapest one i could find after some time searching)

The u.s price as you can see is a lot cheaper just because of some bullshit reason. And i know that the prices will drop when the quantity starts balancing with the demand. And the only reason i+m considering is that people are taking advantage of it. When it´s so much cheaper in the u.s then why not exploit it and make a profit?

So my questions are. Why is it so much cheaper? Is it safe? How can i make it safer? Is it worth it? What will happen if i get scammed? Is it my fault for not making sure that it´s safe?

All help appreciated.

är det tradera, blocket eller något annat?

That´s what i´m thinking. But there is always that chance that i will get buttfucked.

True like that time a 'Trusted Seller' scammed everyone by selling $180 'GTX 980'

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Berätta mer... My friend.

Amazon international, du kan köpa det mästa från amazon och det kommer till dig, vart du nu i världen är, itne allt men det mästa :) en G1 970 går för nästan 1000kr billigare än har i sverige

*edit*

länk: www.amazon.com/International

se bara till att din defult adress är i sverige, anars vet man aldrig, och den tar bort en hel del resultat som inte skickar till sverige om man gör det

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Yes, just make sure they have good rep

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

är det tradera, blocket eller något annat?

Where it´s cheapest. Only checked Ebay.

Ok.. Ummm... wtf. I find that in some places they are shipping and selling an 980ti for 500 Dollars. De fuck?

EDIT: Pardon me.

If I were you I wouldn't risk it. Ebay had issues in the past where users just take the money and run. Save yourself time and headaches and buy from a trusted site/company.

If I were you I wouldn't risk it. Ebay had issues in the past where users just take the money and run. Save yourself time and headaches and buy from a trusted site/company.

But the problem is that it´s almost 150 dollars more expensive.

But the problem is that it´s almost 150 dollars more expensive.

Well it's worth it since it's a 980 ti. If you want go ahead and buy it cheaper, but that seems suspicious. You might luck out.