g3258 - GTX960 650 dollar heaven?

Fibeus

So my brother came to me like... Yo! I want an uber faster wow pc that can play any-fuckin-thing!!!!! AGHHRRR!!!!!

...and I was like... What resolution are you playing at? ...and he was like... what is dat? 0.o ...and I was like... ok ok... what games do you wanna play? ...and he is like... You know... some Age of Empires 3, some GTA IV with that russian dude, some assassin's creed and stuff... And I was like.. Age of Empires 3? Now you need something ultra-uber-fast-wowowowowow-machine...

So I went on and actually got some parts that I found more than enough to play those games including the latest version of AC. Here is a picture of the parts chosen.

post-227498-0-33281400-1435614328.jpg

Now, I am going to get a lot of hate for not going for either the fx 6300 from red team fans or going for a locked i3 that has hyper-threading. But with the 212 evo.. let me tell you. I was able to get a stable 4.8 Ghz clock speed, and lemmie tell you something else, for the price, I've never used something as good and capable. While I will be benchmarking the hell out of this system I want to tell you right from the start that I am working around finding fixes for the problems found in GTA V and FarCry 4 using this CPU.

Before any of that stuff tho, I will just share with you some glam-shots of the system in it's full glory while I ask your apologies for the quality, my brothers yellowish-orangish-colored lights in his room dont make it easy on me. In any case, it is a thing of beauty and the window on the 100r makes the whole thing pop and it feels quite more premium than it acutally is. 

For anyone looking into gaming at 1080p I cannot recomment this enough! It's awesome, If you have a bit of a higher budget than my brother's, add an ssd.. It's going to make everything so much faster, and In fact I will probably be giving one of my ssd's to my brother, just not yet! And if you have some cash around get yourself and i5 4690k. Framerates are very good and If you just wanna game and not do something spectacularly demanding this is the best choice on the market right now hands down. 

Btw I didn't look too much into what team red has to offer, and I really don't, so please don't hate. Even the GPU is green... Do you know why? Well.. actually it's because It was the only 960 I found in stock.

post-227498-0-46862200-1435616015_thumb.

That's all for now! I'm gonna hop outta here... for now! Expect extended benchmarks and some overclock on the 960. So follow the topic to be sure to catch that! Better quality shots soon too!

You wasted money for z97.Other then that I say Great build

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

You wasted money for z97.Other then that I say Great build

I wanted to get the most out of what g3258 has to offer. I feel like z97 makes the difference. Maybe not, maybe a bit too much? I feel like its the right choice. Cheaper choices where not that much cheaper... 

4 gigs of ram "shruggs"

2x 4gb

a r9 285x or 380 would have give you a bit more power for gaming (5-10% more) and would have the same price tag, but would also used a little bit more power

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

For the money you spent on that motherboard you could have gotten an i3 which would perform better on average and not have the problem with games that have a dual core lockout.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pentium-g3258-overclocking-performance,3849.html

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I wanted to get the most out of what g3258 has to offer. I feel like z97 makes the difference. Maybe not, maybe a bit too much? I feel like its the right choice. Cheaper choices where not that much cheaper... 

True like the vrm's and stuff

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

I think the cpu will bottleneck any game that tries to touch the cpu. [unless you overclock the hell out of it]

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

I think the cpu will bottleneck any game that tries to touch the cpu. [unless you overclock the hell out of it]

I already have a stable 4.8Ghz on it by using the 212 evo. :)

Nice build !

Other than the motherboard ( i would have chosen a different brand or model ) i agree with all of it . 

Happy gaming !

Nice build !

Other than the motherboard ( i would have chosen a different brand or model ) i agree with all of it . 

Happy gaming !

Thank you very much indeed! :)