How to Clean A40's?

iDeJayDzn

So basically my A40's are getting a bit down in the dumps and the top of the headset and ear pads are getting dampened down like an old cushion and mucky. So i' guessing washing when with alcohol or something would work. I know that the ear pads come off and can go back on easily so cleaning them arent so bad. However the top padding is the thing that needs more 'life' and cleaning than them. Anyone know how to remove that bit or have any ideas?

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

Just get a wet and slightly soapy towel and clean it carefully and don't drip the water.

You can do the same with the cushions.

Just get a wet and slightly soapy towel and clean it carefully and don't drip the water.

You can do the same with the cushions.

Would that add more 'umph' to it too though? Considering it'd just be water.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

Would that add more 'umph' to it too though? Considering it'd just be water.

No idea. My brother has A50's and it looks like using soap and water wouldn't hurt them.

No idea. My brother has A50's and it looks like using soap and water wouldn't hurt them.

Well if not then i'll just get another set and also contact Astro themself and see what they say.

Well if not then i'll just get another set and also contact Astro themself and see what they say.

if you're gonna get another set might as-well get something better.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

if you're gonna get another set might as-well get something better.

I like the modular design. Don't know any other high end modular headsets.

Beyerdynamic custom one pros. Muuuuuuuuch better than Astros.

modular as in detachable cable? and detachable mic? A headphone with a detachable cable and a mod mic would do that.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Throw them in the bin, awful audio, nothing high end about them, they're the apple of headsets.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

What do you mean "modular"?