Second PC for streaming question

Jedicake

Will a second PC for encoding a stream get rid of the pixelation in a high motion FPS game or does that have nothing to do with it? Does it all just come down to bitrate?

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

if you're not having any problems in games then i wouldn't suggest it. It might be your internet, but bit-rate might also be the cause.

stream to?

online?

Local streaming?

live twitch stream.

@peterino55  I'm not satisfied with the quality of my streams. Even with 3500kbps at 720p/60fps the quality isn't good enough

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

live twitch stream.

@peterino55  I'm not satisfied with the quality of my streams. Even with 3500kbps at 720p/60fps the quality isn't good enough

sounds like your upload speed is the problem then

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

can you link your twitch?

it is kinda complicated.

as viewer I do want get better quality

however since internet infrastucture might not capable to deliver it I don't see that as user problem since it happen world wide

when you stream higher bitrate your viewer also need better internet to enjoy quality you deliver

you might need to ask feedback with your viewer

also, server side problems, I've read twitch limitation with their upstream. it simply because the server probably couldn't handle it for mass use.

sounds like your upload speed is the problem then

Not really because Twitch has a soft cap of 4000 and they recommend 3500. I was only asking if a second PC with a capture card helps with the pixelation, if it doesn't then fine I'll try to work around it

Comes down to bitrate.

Thank you. I might end up streaming my games in 30fps then. Would rather have that crisp quality instead of pixelation.

have you tried hitbox?

I think he actually wants people to watch his streams.

yes, I know, but since hitbox had better limitations so I suggest he try other platform to get better results with same setup and computer

even with another computer, I don't think that's necessary for streaming to twitch specially with extra Capture card that would be unnecessary for pc game since computer had that feature built in and also better since the quality is unencrypted and not scaled.

to get better conclusion, it might twitch that reducing his quality standards not his computer or internet.

I think he actually wants people to watch his streams.

lol sick burn

yes, I know, but since hitbox had better limitations so I suggest he try other platform to get better results with same setup and computer

even with another computer, I don't think that's necessary for streaming to twitch specially with extra Capture card that would be unnecessary for pc game since computer had that feature built in and also better since the quality is unencrypted and not scaled.

to get better conclusion, it might twitch that reducing his quality standards not his computer or internet.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter, my upload speed is only 5mbps, so sadly even going to hitbox won't solve much.

Update though........ I just watched a guy do a video of a fast motion game in 720p/30fps, 3500kbps, and it looked CRYSTAL clear. Not that I'm trying to defend 30fps, cause 60fps all the way but no pixelation whatsoever.

TBH, there is nothing wrong with 30fps. If it's stable, you aren't missing out on anything. Films are done at 24fps.