ASUS Xonar DG vs DGX

Nertballs

i've been looking online but can't get a definitive answer, which is better? i have a pci slot free and all that so that's okay, and i can get the DG cheaper. i have a pair of Tritton 180s and will be upgrading a bit soon enough, but nothing to big.

Thanks!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

At first glance, i think that both are good.

For me mostly depends on what slots you have available, or let's say "future-proofing" if you do a lots of builds and u want to pass one to another DGX it will be better because there is more PCI-E mb's then PCI only.

DGX is also more oriented as Headphones AMP card, and it's 5.1.

DG is also HP AMP card, but it's not 5.1.

DGX has a small problem that is when you plug a headphone in the front panel, the volume output will be quite lower than the DG. But that shouldn't be a big problem since you're not supposed to plug headphones in the front panel anyway, it should be plugged directly at the sound card.

DGX has a small problem that is when you plug a headphone in the front panel' date=' the volume output will be quite lower than the DG. But that shouldn't be a big problem since you're not supposed to plug headphones in the front panel anyway, it should be plugged directly at the sound card.[/quote']

Well for some people they take their headphones with them when they leave home, and with their setups it might be really inconvenient for them to use the 3.5mm jack on the soundcard itself, so they use the FP jack instead. I do.

DGX has a small problem that is when you plug a headphone in the front panel' date=' the volume output will be quite lower than the DG. But that shouldn't be a big problem since you're not supposed to plug headphones in the front panel anyway, it should be plugged directly at the sound card.[/quote'] Well for some people they take their headphones with them when they leave home, and with their setups it might be really inconvenient for them to use the 3.5mm jack on the soundcard itself, so they use the FP jack instead. I do.

Well yeah, that's actually my problem a few months ago, I have to switch headphones once in a while. My solution was to plug my spare keyboard that has a headphone and microphone jack and use it as an extension. It looks ghetto but it works for me. If only the DGX doesn't have this front panel low volume problem then everything would be fine.

They are the exact same card but with a different interface. The DG uses PCI and the DGX uses the PCI-E interface, even with this different the proformence is the exact same.