7 year old Malaysian kid builds a PC

Frizx97

wtf, they took off the thermal past off of the intel cooler then put it on the cpu by spreading it.

The only thing I managed to do when I was 7 was to break my Gameboy Color.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Nice to see kids getting interested in PC and the parents are willing to teach them about it.

GTX 650... uhhh "facepalm" .
Do keep in mind that USD1 = RM3(Malaysian Ringgit).

Salary of the employees are roughly the same as American and Canadian before conversion. Price of the hardware are same AFTER conversion.

For eg.

A job that earns $2000 per month in USA/Canada will earn RM2000 in Malaysia.

GTX 660 Ti that costs $150 will cost roughly RM450.

So not every Malaysian can afford a high-end(or even mid-range for some family) gaming PC.

solution to this problem = amd.

How cute.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

What an amazing father and son bonding moment. No better way to get young people into computers than helping them build a computer themselves. Teaching what each component is and does from such a young age can only point towards a great future with computers.

I hope to share similar experiences with my children assuming I ever have any.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

AMD will be the smarter choice indeed. I'm in South Africa and 1USD=+-8ZAR. So I went AMD because it's much cheaper. Got the 7770. Works great. Intel is just way to expensive.

I'm amazed. Father must be a big influence. For that little boy already to know himself around a PC, what is what that is respectable!

Can you imagine the mother, when father and son are talking about 6-pin cables and pins ? :D she is like what the hell are they talking about...

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

Wow. Although I use Intel, if I was him I would have went for AMD. Save money to get a 660ti or something similar.

We like clockwork

He sure is neat

Buy some t-shirts

So he can eat.

Wow. Although I use Intel, if I was him I would have went for AMD. Save money to get a 660ti or something similar.
One small problem. You really have to look to find a motherboard the has an AMD socket and can fit in that case.

That's adorable. Respect to the dad.

lovely to see kids getting involved at such a young age i was 15 when i built my first PC i'm only 17 now haha

If I ever have kids id love for them to be interested in technology the same way I am. This is so cool :D

wtf, they took off the thermal past off of the intel cooler then put it on the cpu by spreading it.
no, there was syringe of tim