Nvidia allegedly sped-up their footage of Batman Arkham Knight

Black_Vanguard07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE1D_l2JNes&feature=youtu.be

SO, the video above explains that nvidia presumably knew about the 30 fps cap on the pc version of Arkham Knight and deliberately sped-up the video to make it seem like it was legitimately running at 60 fps.

At around the 0:25 second mark you can CLEARLY hear the thug's voice sounds squeaky and sped up.

.....Another day, another shady Nvidia business move -_-" 

Nvidia's business practices are more shady than drug dealers.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

How to sell things the nvidia way: Lie!

How else did they make 3.5gb look so good.

Its a good card but a outright retarded move.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I bet you Tom Petersen is behind this!

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Advanced rain? WTF is that bullshit? I didn't even like ANY rain, why would I want "advanced" rain?

But yeah this is a pretty dog move from nVidia. Makes me want to get a 290 instead of a 780 now...But dat reference modding doe!

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Actually, watch it at half speed. The voices are still sped up. Ergo, they've been sped up *way* more than simply 2x, meaning they sound like that in the original game too.

This isn't evidence of anything.

I'd give Nvidia the pass on this one.  This is more on the devs for messing up the optimization of the game.   Nvidia just delivered on what they promised.

Like when nVidia "promised" 4GB of REAL VRAM for the 970, but did we get 4GB? No!

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I'd give Nvidia the pass on this one.  This is more on the devs for messing up the optimization of the game.   Nvidia just delivered on what they promised.

Sooo, you're okay being lied to in order for them to help sell a broken product anyway?

Like when nVidia "promised" 4GB of REAL VRAM for the 970, but did we get 4GB? No!

"We"? If you actually had a 970 you'd know that the answer to that is "yes, the 970 actually does have 4GB of usable vram"...

Actually, watch it at half speed. The voices are still sped up. Ergo, they've been sped up *way* more than simply 2x, meaning they sound like that in the original game too.

This isn't evidence of anything.

TBH I think the speed up was primarily so the video wasn't excessively long but showed enough footage to get the point across, you can see the bit on the tower at the start wasn't sped up, everything after was though some of the stuff after was though but not everything.

Who cares ! ! 

Seriously, And i'm counting the 3.5gb mess as well. Seriously, WHO cares.. are we not above marketing ? are we not that small percentage of "gamers" who do the research, Learn the specs, Compare the benchmarks from different sites and weigh the options. 

or Are we all those brainless children with mommys credit card buying after watching the first Advert. 

I bought the 970, cause it was the better option and as long as the card is the better one I'll buy it. I care about my Systems performance, not a crap about how they marketing it. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

TBH I think the speed up was primarily so the video wasn't excessively long but showed enough footage to get the point across, you can see the bit on the tower at the start wasn't sped up, everything after was though.

If you actually watch the video, all of the voices sound normal apart from the scene in which a very obvious green gas is being pumped into the air. Seems more likely that there's a narrative reason for the voices to be high pitched here, given how it's not the case for the rest of the video.

That was on Nvidia.  That was Nvidia false advertising their own product.

Actually if you think about it it was false advertising by AMD to imply that the 970 didn't have 4GB vram because it does.

If you actually watch the video, all of the voices sound normal apart from the scene in which a very obvious green gas is being pumped into the air. Seems more likely that there's a narrative reason for the voices to be high pitched here, given how it's not the case for the rest of the video.

Haha yea you saw my post before I got the edit in ;)

"We"? If you actually had a 970 you'd know that the answer to that is "yes, the 970 actually does have 4GB of usable vram"...

Usable? No.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Usable? No.

Yes. Take it from someone who uses the 970 SLI for 4K. It is usable.

Ya, it has 4 though only 3.5 of it is what you can use.  However, what does AMD have to do with this again?

No that's a myth perpetuated by AMD, you can use all 4GB at once with minimal impact on performance.

AMD had a big social media campaign where they they had pictures of the 290X with text like "When we say 4GB, we mean 4GB" or something like that. That was playing on the misinformation that people like you are still parroting that you can only use 3.5GB of the 970's vram, or worse that it only has 3.5GB at all. Imo that was false advertising because their competition also has 4GB. If they wanted to advertise their 512 bit bus and data bandwidth for all 4GB, that would be good, but they'd also have to describe the benefits this has on actual gaming performance, because there's not much.

None of what you are saying is true, and if you actually had a 970 you'd know this. Instead you're lecturing people who do actually have a 970 and have played with its capabilities by doing silly things like running Watch_Dogs on ultra at 4K with lots of MSAA and insisting the bullshit you've heard on forums is actually true.

That was on Nvidia.  That was Nvidia false advertising their own product.

HOW!!! 

My 970 has 4Gb of ram.. it Physically has it. You can touch it even if you want. What you complaining about is the speed difference between 3.5gb of it and the final 500mb. But that 4gb on the box is CORRECT!! the marketing department didn't lie. they said 4gb and it has 4gb. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

nvidia fanbois cracking their eggs again 

CLASSIC