Recommendations for games similar to the Bioshock series

johnt

Hey all, just wondering what games you could recommend that are similar to the Bioshock series. Basically a game with a deep story that ain't too shabby to look at either.

Hey all, just wondering what games you could recommend that are similar to the Bioshock series. Basically a game with a deep story that ain't too shabby to look at either.

Metal gear solid :D

Most final Fantasy games, looks are subjective tough in this regard, I still love the old visual (before ff10)

fallout 3 and metro

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Metro? Really??

I thought Metro was like a quasi horror game.

Mass Effect series and The Witcher series.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I'ma get a lot of hate for it but DA:I is still by far the most fun/engrossed I have ever had/gotten in a single game. (6+ hours worth of companion open-world banter to listen to and revel in.)

Skyrim with mods always looks cool and if you don't mind reading is alot of fun (although personally I don't like not talking).

Witcher 2 and 3 are ofc perfectly reasonable.

Also depending on your standard of 'looks', the Mass Effect series is generally beloved.

Basically any well reviewed RPG is gonna be fine.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Bioshock inspired me a lot. I now love movies such as Inception, fightclub, shutterisland, a beautiful mind. With a really good story.

Games with good stories apart from bioshock:

These match bioshock the most, good love/emotional story games.

- To The Moon, it's a 2d game, but it has an amazing touching story and totally worth playing if u do it for the story.

- The Last of Us
- Beyond Two Souls
- Far Cry 3 not far cry 4, but far cry 3! because it has emotions playing in the game.
- AC: revelations. Idk.. for some reason this is the only assasins creed that I felt attached to the characters.
- Red dead redemption

Some of them are console games, but definetly worth checking out if u have a console.

I didn't think BioShock 3 was deep at all : ( convoluted and poorly paced sure

If you thought it was good, you might like, Borderlands, Killzone, Crysis 1, Far cry series, Fear, Half Life,

Outside the genre, max Payne, gta, spec ops, tomb Raider 2013

My personal favourites are Deus Ex Human Revolutions, Wolfenstien The New Order and Metro

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R