[The Escapist] Apple removes games from its online store due to use of Confederate Flags.

Oh, alright, sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

The claims are that the north fought the war mostly to free the slaves though, which I was just pointing out to be wrong (angels reference). It just unsettles me to see so many blind sheep. -_-

Circles... if there is no dissent in the circle, it creates...

...another circle.  :mellow:

Yes, but a lot of liberals people seem to think the north was this anti-slavery angel come to rid the world of the demons of the south.

A lot of people think alot of things. This doesn't mean that they are right.

Here is one person thinking, maybe I have heard this somewhere before.  I am not sure...

Is it possible that the North embracing the idea of freeing slaves better than the south, led to their victory?

Okay...that's my point; I'm showing what they think (about the war/north) is wrong. and that their ignorance greatly unsettles me

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Okay...that's my point; I'm showing what they think (about the war/north) is wrong. and that their ignorance greatly unsettles me

Well, would it be entirely wrong?

Slaves fought for their freedom.  I does end up in that spectrum.

Oh, and there was no need for the earlier apology.  ;)

Here is one person thinking, maybe I have heard this somewhere before. I am not sure...

Is it possible that the North embracing the idea of freeing slaves better than the south, led to their victory?

Yes it did help especially with public morale.

They also got slaves to fight on their side without forcing them.

People are ignorant about most thing in life unsurprisingly to me.

Got to remember people mill down what they have been taught to a general idea and eventually that's all they know as they don't care to know more.

Well, would it be entirely wrong?

Slaves fought for their freedom.  I does end up in that spectrum.

Oh, and there was no need for the earlier apology.  ;)

Yes, it does, but not entirely. The slaves fought for their freedom but when people ignorantly claim the north started the war over slavery it is entirely wrong and it is also upsetting to realize so many people are stupid enough to believe it. The Civil War may have, near the end of its life, morphed into a war about more than the Union and towards slavery, definitely. However it certainly wasn't started to stop the south from having slaves when the rest of the country decided to abolish it so I like to point it out as much as possible, especially to those who believe the northerners were "the good guys". :P

People are ignorant about most thing in life unsurprisingly to me.

Got to remember people mill down what they have been taught to a general idea and eventually that's all they know as they don't care to know more.

Yea, doesn't help either when what they are being taught has already been tailored for simplicity and to hide the (harder) truth.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yes, it does, but not entirely. The slaves fought for their freedom but when people ignorantly claim the north started the war over slavery it is entirely wrong and it is also upsetting to realize so many people are stupid enough to believe it. The Civil War may have, near the end of its life, morphed into a war about more than the Union and towards slavery, definitely. However it certainly wasn't started to stop the south from having slaves when the rest of the country decided to abolish it so I like to point it out as much as possible, especially to those who believe the northerners were "the good guys". :P

Yea, doesn't help either when what they are being taught has already been tailored for simplicity and to hide the (harder) truth.

Maybe people should not "half-ass" simplicity. I have made an effort to use my inherent ignorance (I actually know I am dumb) effectively. 

example:  if one person has to resort to violence against another... that person is wrong regardless of the reasons.  (I can explain a bit too)  That person was either not fast, strong or smart enough to find an alternate solution or prevent the situation in the first place.

Making good guys and bad guys in war is purely moral boosting, propaganda... similar to @TheProfosist 's message earlier.