How much silent is a EVGA 980/ti hybrid vs 980/ti from Gigabyte,Asus,Msi

Otonel88

Hi guys. 

Just for curiosity how much silent a Evga 980 hybrid or Evga  980 ti hybrid is compared to a regular 980 or 980 ti from Asus, Msi, Gigabyte or Evga.

Is it worth to spend the extra money for the hybrid, or the cooler on cards from Msi, Asus, Gigabyte is silent enough not to really hear the card under gaming side a case like R4, or R5?

What would you get? 

Thanks

Id buy it, runs a lot cooler from what Ive seen ^_^

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

If noise is a concern, go with the hybrid. I have the gigabyte model and it's pretty far from silent at anything over 50% fan speed.

How much is the Gigabyte G1 Gaming and how much is the EVGA Hybrid?

I would pick the cheaper one from these two and if you are overcloking I would go for Gigabyte G1 Gaming as it is better binned so you have better chance for higher OC and also it has custom PCB for better power delivery. It is actualy also very silent and its cooling performance is great. Unless you ramp up the fans too much.

How much is the Gigabyte G1 Gaming and how much is the EVGA Hybrid?

I would pick the cheaper one from these two and if you are overcloking I would go for Gigabyte G1 Gaming as it is better binned so you have better chance for higher OC and also it has custom PCB for better power delivery. It is actualy also very silent and its cooling performance is great. Unless you ramp up the fans too much.

For the 980 ti, from msi, gigabyte around 600. Hybrid is £650

The problem is i am already stretching my budget for my build...

If noise is a concern, go with the hybrid. I have the gigabyte model and it's pretty far from silent at anything over 50% fan speed.

I thought the gigabyte is silent...

For the 980 ti, from msi, gigabyte around 600. Hybrid is £650

The problem is i am already stretching my budget for my build...

I would still rather go for the Gigabyte G1 Gaming. For me the extra £50 is not worth the few degrees less on the core.

Max OC of Gigabyte G1 gaming vs Reference which was on 1400MHz core clock I believe.

I thought the gigabyte is silent...

Obviously they will tell you that to sell you the card. Once the fans get up there (~75%), there is really no debate. They are audible over my case fans. At 100%, forget it.

Edit: I don't want to undersell the card though. On less demanding games the card will sit at low fan speed and operate in silence. Once you stress it though, don't expect not to hear anything. Luckily, I find that if you are in the zone while playing a game you don't notice it anyway.

Ambient temps are also a factor. You can set a less aggressive fan curve if your room is cold. This would likely help, but again don't expect perfection.

I have an MSi 980Ti - it starts to really get noisy around 60% fan speed and is audible quite some time before that. It Overclocked reasonably well but I had to ramp up the fan speed in order to do that.

The Hybrid is a reference PCB so bear that in mind - you will likely get better overclocking potential from a G1 from what I've read so far. (Plus it will cool the card at quieter noise levels compared to a normal reference).

I have an MSi 980Ti - it starts to really get noisy around 60% fan speed and is audible quite some time before that. It Overclocked reasonably well but I had to ramp up the fan speed in order to do that.

The Hybrid is a reference PCB so bear that in mind - you will likely get better overclocking potential from a G1 from what I've read so far. (Plus it will cool the card at quieter noise levels compared to a normal reference).

I would still rather go for the Gigabyte G1 Gaming. For me the extra £50 is not worth the few degrees less on the core.

Max OC of Gigabyte G1 gaming vs Reference which was on 1400MHz core clock I believe.

In the video i can"t even hear the G1. The thing is that if overclocked then the fans will ramp up, and also the temperature will be higher. The hybrid 980ti uses the reference pcb, but not really care how much it can really overclock. The 980ti is already a good card for 1440p therefore I prefer silence and good temperatures over the overclocking ability. But is the price justified? I still have to think. Btw, the reference 980 in uk got cheaper by £40 costing 510. Maybe the G1 and the rest will follow. If the 980ti hybrid will come to 600 or 620 from 650 then I am sold :D

If I am going with the G1 I am hoping the three fan setup will keep it more cool, therefore more quite as fans do not need to ramp up high to keep it at a decent temperature. Still thinking. g1 vs hybrid.

I'd go with the EVGA Hybrid. I have the same cooler on my Titan X and its really silent, the card never reached 50degrees leaving a lot of room for overclock. If you can afford it, and if you have room in your case to fit the rad, go for it.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @4.6GHz- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61- Motherboard: MSI Z97 XPOWER AC - RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengence Pro 2400MHz- GPU: EVGA Titan X SC with Hybrid Cooler @1495Mhz Case: Corsair 780T White - Storage: 120GB Corsair LS SSD+ 500GB 850Evo + 250GB 850Evo + 2TB HDD - PSU: Cougar GX900 - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 -Headphone: Logitech G430 - Monitor: LG 34UM95 3440x1440

CPU: Intel Core i7-2700K Cooler: Hyper 212EVO - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 - RAM: 3x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1600MHz- GPU: Gygabite 980Ti G1 Gaming- Case: Corsair 400R - Storage:  500GB 530Series SSD + 2TB HDD - PSU: Corsair TX650 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: CODE Keyboard MX Clear Monitor: 3x Acer G276HL Surround MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid-2015 i7 2.8Ghz - 512GB SSD - AMD 370X

Titan X PlastiDipped : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448816-titan-x-hybrid-painting/

the g1 isn't going to nearly as quiet as the evga hybrid.