Is there a time to set aside fandom?

orcinhell

There is a divide in the gaming world, brands… They have us fighting each other for supremacy and at times could be mistaken for warring factions. Consoles Vs PC…. Playstation vs Xbox… AMD vs Nvidia… Hotly debated subjects that will last until the end of time. I will admit that PC gamers do little to help themselves with the “Master Race” term or calling consoles “peasants” but even without name calling the debate would be just as fierce (While I admit it does us no favors I will also admit I partake in the activity : P).

Looking over the gaming news, a trend I see far too often has been plaguing news about Arkham Knight’s terrible mess of a PC release, that trend is other platforms relishing in another platforms failures… console gamers are quick to point out how there system is running fine, they are enjoying the game. How our expensive hardware does little at this current time. This happens on every platform.

Looking at our own Platform AMD vs Nvidia. Games can release and both teams immediately blame the other with statements like “Nvidia runs fine must be AMD driver team again”. AMD runs fine must be Nivdia. And while sometimes the case, it’s not always. The only time blame seems to falls back onto the publisher/developer is when performance is bad across the board. Even on consoles they snigger at each other if only one side is having a bad release.

So I ask, should Arkham knight’s absolutely abysmal release on PC effect console sales, or should they continue to support the company? If a release on one platform is abysmal without reasoning, should the other platforms band together in support? How about AMD vs Nvidia, is “fanboyism” making PC gamers as a whole more exploitable? Is AMD or Nvidia funding/helping a game fair?

Many questions, and even if the answer is (also my opinion) we do in fact need to band together and support each other, I think its little more then a pipe dream. Despite that, I still want to hear your opinions.

There are close to nobody who is serious with the PC Master Race, And the few who is usually are narrow minded extremists.

Pretty much all fandom is bad fandom.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

i call myself a peasant when playing wii, because the PC master race is satire, and satire only.

on the note of badport - arkham nights: i heard somewhere the porting was done in two weeks with a team of 12 developers.

congrats to those devs to have it work at all if this is actually the case...

Being properly educated, applying objectivity and setting aside bias plays a significant role in this. I see it all the time, so many people are either incapable of doing so by ignorance or they just don't know any better and jump on the bandwagon.  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

One thing that bothers me a lot are those that are like "LOL AMD sucks ass you need a flooded room like in Serial Experiments Lain just to keep it below 100 degrees Celsius" or "LOL, NVIDIA? Why would I want a Titan that runs worse than a 780 Ti in games?".

Same for AMD and Intel.

Intel are generally make stronger processors than what AMD make, but because they are stronger, they're more expensive. AMD, whilst not as powerful as Intel processors, are good value for money, and APUs are good when combined with AMD cards to give a slight performance boost with some games.

There are good things and bad things on both sides. I wish some people would just stop wagging their dicks in the air like this, but alas...it doesn't seem to be happening at all.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

The whole "PC Gaming Master Race" is a joke, most of us know that and don't take such thing seriously.

But we all know most of the time is hard to know what's a joke when the only thing we have is text, a gif sometimes help point it out as a joke though.

The thing about Batman shouldn't have happened, why couldn't WB test their game before?, those problems shouldn't have been that hard to notice.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

With anything, there will be always be divides in the fan base, unfortunately, Sony, microsoft, nvidia and amd love it. It just drives more business for them, so matter how much we want it to go away, they'll always make sure the fighting is still there.