Crossfire Fury X vs SLI Titan X?

Not really a surprising result knowing the performance of the Titan X vs. Fury X.

But it's really cool to see some competition for Nvidia at these high ranges of graphical power.

When in doubt: C4

Why did you make the title a question?

Why did you make the title a question?

I dunno

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

What about vs. 980 Ti?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What about vs. 980 Ti?

i would go 980 ti (they are about the same price) 

The answer is obvious.. Fury X's for almost half the price and similar performance while being cooler.

Also, repost

in what way is it any cooler? it's hotter.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Yes because this is how you measure it.   :mellow:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

What are you talking about? It's almost 30C cooler

degrees don't mean anything at all. Power draw defines a card being hotter or cooler.

Spoiler

Are you insane? Where in the world do you get that logic from? Degrees determines how hot something is, not power consumption. 

By that logic 60C radiator is cooler than 200C+ light bulb. No. Energy is what determines how hot something is.

Spoiler

in what way is it any cooler? it's hotter.

degrees don't mean anything at all. Power draw defines a card being hotter or cooler.

Are you high mate ?

Are you high mate ?

And that is completely right. A 60C radiator is cooler than a 200C+ light bulb...I fail to see how you are coming to your conclusions at all.

And by the way, temperature IS the measure of energy. Power consumption is not..

Learn the difference between heat and temperature, before calling me insane or high. I just studied in school, that's about it.

Spoiler

Heat and thermal energy is the rate of how quickly molecules and atoms move in a substance, also known as how much energy they have. Temperature shows this measurement in Kevlin, Celsius, and Fahrenheit.

Your logic is flawed man. Power consumption and temperature don't correlate in this instance. The Fury X is cooler than the Titan, and I'm sorry if you don't want to believe it, but it's true

You have to understand that a big car at 30C has waaay more heat inside it than a spoon of boiling water. So actually a radiator at 60C is hotter than a single light bulb at high degrees.

They do correlate almost pefectly in electronics actually. Because work being completed is so tiny almost all the energy from the wall is expelled as heat.

Best quote I found because I can't put it into words in english clearly enough:

Temperature is a measure of the average heat or thermal energy of the particles in a substance. Since it is an average measurement, it does not depend on the number of particles in an object. In that sense it does not depend on the size of it. For example, the temperature of a small cup of boiling water is the same as the temperature of a large pot of boiling water. Even if the large pot is much bigger than the cup and has millions and millions more water molecules.

Spoiler

Learn the difference between heat and temperature, before calling me insane or high. I just studied in school, that's about it.

Eventhough TDP is higher this has nothing to do with the performance aspect since the cooler is capable of taking more heat.

Eventhough TDP is higher this has nothing to do with the performance aspect since the cooler is capable of taking more heat.

The argument is which one is hotter. Fury X expels heat more efficiently, but it also produces more of it.

Spoiler

You have to understand that a big car at 30C has waaay more heat inside it than a spoon of boiling water. So actually a radiator at 60C is hotter than a single light bulb at high degrees.

They do correlate almost pefectly in electronics actually. Because work being completed is so tiny almost all the energy from the wall is expelled as heat.

Best quote I found because I can't put it into words in english clearly enough:

I think you're trying to compare what isn't comparable, a radiator is meant to spread heat so of course it will feel like it's hotter while it isn't... Same goes for the car, yes it will spread more heat but it has nothing to do about the temperature of the car itself... The fury will produce more heat due to the power consumption but it is still cooler due to its cooling. I don't even get what kind of argument we have here or what kind of point you're trying to make, even your quote doesn't mention heat spreading. 

I think you're trying to compare what isn't comparable, a radiator is meant to spread heat so of course it will feel like it's hotter while it isn't... Same goes for the car, yes it will spread more heat but it has nothing to do about the temperature of the car itself... The fury will produce more heat due to the power consumption but it is still cooler due to its cooling. I don't even get what kind of argument we have here or what kind of point you're trying to make, even your quote doesn't mention heat spreading. 

Well no. Actually it won't be a cooler card, it will heat up the room more. If you care just about temperatures it makes no sense to even argue then, because temperatures don't mean anything. If you try and say that Fury X is cooler so you can overclock more, check again, it doesn't overclock at all. 

All in all, where it matters Fury X is a hotter card, it produces more heat.

Spoiler

The argument is which one is hotter. Fury X expels heat more efficiently, but it also produces more of it.

It is not hotter. It is emitting more energy you could say it is less efficient.

It is not hotter. It is emitting more energy you could say it is less efficient.

and that energy it's emitting heats up the room. So it's hotter  <_<

Spoiler

and that energy it's emitting heats up the room. So it's hotter  <_<

I dont think this is the point that guy wanted to make. It is running cooler. The chip itself is not as warm as the chip in a 980Ti or a Titan X fact.

Temperature and thermal energy are not the same. The heat capacity of water is 4x higher than the heat capacity of air so it depends on how much water there is in the system and how much thermal energy gets out of the system in a period of time. 

i wish the benchmarks that are being tossed around were more consistent it would make me want one more 

I dont think this is the point that guy wanted to make. It is running cooler. The chip itself is not as warm as the chip in a 980Ti or a Titan X fact.

Temperature and thermal energy are not the same. The heat capacity of water is 4x higher than the heat capacity of air so it depends on how much water there is in the system and how much thermal energy gets out of the system in a period of time. 

Yeah well, but running cooler doesn't give any sort of benefit or advantage at all.

Spoiler

SLI and Crossfire just plain old sucks for gaming. If it works you are lucky. If it doesn't , it's as expected.

I know what you are saying and they way you are saying it is wrong. They are right the card is cooler but if it is pulling more power it is producing more heat. The radiator is just doing a far better job of expelling that heat so it normalizes faster with its environment. Its the same reason that AMD CPU's never hit the insanely high 90+ degrees that intel cpus do but an AMD CPU will produce more heat.