Upcoming Tegra 5 running Battlefield 3

guys this video isnt new

its OLD as it says in the link its late march

pcper is talking about the future of such devices since kepler will be implemented in arm devices which mean support for OpenGL 4.3  (Not just ES)

read the damn article lol

chillax :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Considering the way the camera was zoomed in and the timing (video up 3 months ago), I think that it's fake. Although anything's possible, I guess.

EDIT:

Hold on, hold on, where does BF3 run on an ARM device? I know there was BF3: Aftershock for iOS last year, but that got pulled after a few days of being up. And it was also on iOS. Not quite sure how they managed to get a port of BF3 (full game, aftershock didn't have the campaign) onto some ARM system (android, win RT..) without anyone knowing...

Does this mean BF3 on Arm or Tegra using X86?

--Xenon-VI - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.34V (Gib 4950X) - MSI MEG X570 Unify -  48GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600MHz - MSI WindForce // NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti @ 2GHz Core 7GHz Mem flashed with 350W BIOS (SOLD, Temporary 1660 waiting for 3090) - 240GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIE - OS Drive - 1TB SanDisk Ultra II SSD - 1TB Crucial BX500 SSD (SHIT, DONT BUY) - 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD - EVGA 750W G2 80+ Gold - Lian Li O11D - 9x Corsair SP120RGB - Corsair Commander - Corsair Hydro X Pump/Res - 360mm Thicc Radiator - Hydro X CPU Block - 3090 Waterblock soon come 

1x Acer 27" XV273K 4K 144Hz G-Sync - 1x LG 24UD58 24" 3840x2160 60Hz - 1x Iiyama 28" 3840x2160 60Hz - Valve Index Headset! 

Corsair K95 Platinum RGB MX Reds & Corsair Dark Core RGB 
Philips Fidelio X2HR w/ JDSLabs Atom & Topping D10 DSD DAC

What about it? yeah the API will be updated, but that doesn't mean that the apps will be better optimized...

thats not google's fault, that's lazy app developer's faults

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

thats not google's fault, that's lazy app developer's faults

What I was getting at is throwing more horsepower at the problem isn't working, so Google needs to set a standard when it comes to app development and optimization. Much like apple does with iOS. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I remember seeing this video on nvidia's channel here so I would think it's real.

No point even having nice graphics if you can't control them. A touchscreen is the worst type of control next to gesture.

That's one thing gaming consoles have over pc is that they have nice controls.

No point even having nice graphics if you can't control them. A touchscreen is the worst type of control next to gesture.

Que Nvidia Shield...

Hail Sithis!

that's exactly why i hate fps games on my tablet its just a horrible experience and not fun at all 

Que Nvidia Shield...

you can't carry around a nividia shield like a mobile device so the only use case is at home an there you have a pc or you can use something like splashtop streamer

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

that's exactly why i hate fps games on my tablet its just a horrible experience and not fun at all  you can't carry around a nividia shield like a mobile device so the only use case is at home an there you have a pc or you can use something like splashtop streamer

This guys right. There just isn't anything to get a useful gaming experience off of a tablet unless you carry around a backpack able to carry some sort of controller. I'm quite happy that my iPad mini runs both GTA 3 and vice city. I will never use it to play battlefield or halo or call of duty on it.

One thing that's nice on a tablet is racing games as as long as you stick to automatic shifting because you can turn the tablet to steer and tap each side to go forward or back.

that's exactly why i hate fps games on my tablet its just a horrible experience and not fun at all  you can't carry around a nividia shield like a mobile device so the only use case is at home an there you have a pc or you can use something like splashtop streamer

to be completely honest, most people that i have known who have handheld consoles, i.e. Vita, 3DS, DS, Gameboy, have gamed mostly at home. So I don't see an issue here to be completely honest. 

Hail Sithis!

to be completely honest, most people that i have known who have handheld consoles, i.e. Vita, 3DS, DS, Gameboy, have gamed mostly at home. So I don't see an issue here to be completely honest.

i use a 3ds and the reason i game on it is for the unique experience i get from the 2 screens 3d touch etc etc..... Not for a clone of the same experience i can get on a pc but a bit worse when the pc is just in another room -.-

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Ok fair enough, but look at what shield offers, a controller and a touchscreen and the added ability to stream from your pc. 3 major advantages that it has over anything else. The games are going to be console quality in a device that fits in your hands. I don't think they expect to sell a tone of these things but they are just showcasing the technology in this device. I think it's pretty cool and if i wasn't broke, i would think about buying one.

Hail Sithis!

What I was getting at is throwing more horsepower at the problem isn't working, so Google needs to set a standard when it comes to app development and optimization. Much like apple does with iOS. 

What standard does Apple have? I actually haven't heard about this, so I'm curious

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Isn't the shield going to be the first Tegra 4 device? I'm still waiting for a Tegra 4 phone!

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Isn't the shield going to be the first Tegra 4 device? I'm still waiting for a Tegra 4 phone!

Yeah, Tegra phones will be coming.

Hail Sithis!