Nikon d3300 or Canon 700d (t5i)

I currently have a Nikon d3300 and I am thinking of trading it for a Canon 700d.

Should I do it?

And don't say save up for something like a 5d mk3 because that would take years.

100%. how much do you have to pay extra?

About £40

How much have you invested in lenses for your nikon? I doubt the nikon lenses fit the Canon.
Maby you trade lenses aswell or...?

How much have you invested in lenses for your nikon? I doubt the nikon lenses fit the Canon.

Maby you trade lenses aswell or...?

I have no Nikon lenses other than the kit lense.

I have no Nikon lenses other than the kit lense.

Then the switch comes down to the camera i guess. I don't have anny experiences with those cameras, but i can link you to this site wich compares them stats against stats.

Good luck desiding :)

I currently have a Nikon d3300 and I am thinking of trading it for a Canon 700d.

Should I do it?

And don't say save up for something like a 5d mk3 because that would take years.

Stay on Nikon, I personally think the D3300 is better than the 700D. I mean, it has more megapixels and has a better true image quality. Go get yourself a Nikon 35mm f1.8g lens and you'll be taking advantage of the 24 megapixels. The Canon is older and you're gonna have a hard time getting a lens that goes anywhere near the Nikon 35mm focal length for Canon as having a 50mm f1.8 lens on a crop sensor body on a 700D will equate to it being 75mm. 

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Unless there's some specific reason you're interested in the Canon (Say, some lenses that you're keen to have) you may as well stay with Nikon. It'll be a system you're used to. It will provide better image quality compared to the 700D and as a Canon shooter (600D/T3i) I am infinitely envious that you guys have a crop standard. I agree with Sean and suggest getting the 35mm F/1.8. If you must trade in, exchanging it for a D5300 or D5500 (they're both really similar, only a few bells and whistles on the D5500) may be a better option. If you plan to shoot video it's worth keeping in mind the Nikons can't change their aperture in live view, the Canons can.

If I was in your position I'd stick with the D3300, unless there is a specific thing about it that limits you in which case trade it in for another Nikon.

<yeh menine get a d5 mk4 >

\/\/\/\/\/

dV2Q9Jm.jpg

-the most average photographer in the world

srsly if u are going to be doing stuff like video, the canon has its attractions, however for photography, the Nikon d3300 definitely has is attractions

No one Dies a Virgin, Life fucks us all - Kurt Cobain

Is there a reason why you want to switch or was it just offered to you?

Personally, I would say stick to the D3300 unless you find it lacking in a deal breaking feature that the T5i has.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I had my heart set on a D3300 for months until I actually held the Nikon and the Canon, I just preferred the feel of the Canon.  I have owned the T5i (700D) for about 18 months and am overall very happy with it. I find the touch screen very useful.  The only gripe with it is it's low light indoor performance.  I tends to want to adjust to a high iso that is very noisy and I know the Nikon is much better in that situation.

They are both very good cameras, it just comes down to how they feel in the hand really. 

Nothing to see here - move along.

SNIP

The D3300 is BETTER than the 700d

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EOS-700D-vs-Nikon-D3300

I tends to want to adjust to a high iso that is very noisy and I know the Nikon is much better in that situation.

The nikon and canon are almost identical in noise performance. you either need a flash, or use a longer shutter speed, or some heavy noise reduction in post if you cannot get around using a higher ISO

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I would vouch for the T5i/700D but I mean the D3300 does technically have a better sensor than the T5i.

I'm looking at probably getting a T5 (though would prefer a T5i  just because touch screen and the grip felt better too).

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

The nikon and canon are almost identical in noise performance. you either need a flash, or use a longer shutter speed, or some heavy noise reduction in post if you cannot get around using a higher ISO

The Nikon is much better about 1-stop http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Canon-EOS-700D-versus-Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-versus-Nikon-D3300___870_795_928

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Simple fact is that they are both great entry level cameras. 

The Canon has the great touch screen, better live view and the silent STM lens.

The Nikon IS better in low light.

Both cameras take great photos but if you own one then there is not much point in changing to the other.

Nothing to see here - move along.

Sorry this doesnt answer the question, but I am just about to buy a Nikon 3300D, and it seams to have great reviews, did you enjoy it? Do you think I should buy it as a novice photographer or is their something better in that price range?

OLD-SCHOOL - Intel Pentium 4 SL6WF with HYPERTHREADING! - ACER 651M03-6L Mobo - Saphire R9600 PRO 256mb AGP Card - 2gb DDR - 40gb IDE HDD - 430w PSU

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this doesnt answer the question, but I am just about to buy a Nikon 3300D, and it seams to have great reviews, did you enjoy it? Do you think I should buy it as a novice photographer or is their something better in that price range?

Yer its a great camera. It has amazing specs for the price but you should remember with the kit lens can only produce 9mp not 24mp so if you want more mega pixels you need to buy a pretty expensive lens. It is a perfect way to get into using a dslr as it has features to help you learn and you can get some amazing results for $350.

I am planning on selling because you cannot change the aperture in live view mode and for video the screen does not great quality.