Streaming high motion games

Jedicake

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but anyway, I want my games to look extremely crisp. I give myself 3500kbps and stream BF4 in 720p/60fps. It's not nearly as crisp as I want it to be. Does a 1080p/30fps approach use less bitrate or more? As much as I'd hate to go 30fps..... I have no other choice, not only does Twitch employ the soft cap, but my upload speed is just not enough to handle more than 3500. Could maybe get away with 3800 but

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

Encoders hate foliage, if there is a lot of grass and bushes your stream will look pixely no matter what.

Also, I've heard 864p is better than 1080p

Don't forget to Like the things you like!

Encoders hate foliage, if there is a lot of grass and bushes your stream will look pixely no matter what.

Damn, that's a good point >_<  wonder if I can reduce foliage quality to help it or??

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

For a better picture, you need to bump up your encoding. The picture quality from superfast to slow is pretty big for most bitrates. But it also is a killer for CPUs. I used to send my video to a server on my network that did the encoding, then streamed it.

However I upgraded my desktop to 1440p and could no longer use a capture card (That was under 300 bucks). So, sending video became a pain.

Damn, that's a good point >_<  wonder if I can reduce foliage quality to help it or??

Do you stream with OBS?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

For a better picture, you need to bump up your encoding. The picture quality from superfast to slow is pretty big for most bitrates. But it also is a killer for CPUs. I used to send my video to a server on my network that did the encoding, then streamed it.

However I upgraded my desktop to 1440p and could no longer use a capture card (That was under 300 bucks). So, sending video became a pain.

I've always wanted to have a separate computer to do the encoding, mind if I ask what the cost if if I wanted to do that? Does the second PC have to be a beast?

Do you stream with OBS?

Yea

I've always wanted to have a separate computer to do the encoding, mind if I ask what the cost if if I wanted to do that? Does the second PC have to be a beast?

Yea

What is your CPU preset at?

it's under advanced>video>x264 cpu preset.

I think you could run a streaming pc with like a locked i5+h81 mobo with no gpu and a small ssd.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

What is your CPU preset at?

it's under advanced>video>x264 cpu preset.

I think you could run a streaming pc with like a locked i5+h81 mobo with no gpu and a small ssd.

It's on veryfast. Was wondering if my 4790k could handle fast or faster

It's on veryfast. Was wondering if my 4790k could handle fast or faster

I run my xeon on medium.

Do medium, 3500 bitrate, 720p 45fps.

Spoiler

I run my xeon on medium.

Do medium, 3500 bitrate, 720p 45fps.

ooooo ok. 45fps, interesting.

Thanks friend

@ZetZet just got done with a stream session. It definitely looks better and fps remains above 60. Thanks a ton. Do you recommend doing 45fps with other games as well or is that just a bf4 thing?

ooooo ok. 45fps, interesting.

Thanks friend

@ZetZet just got done with a stream session. It definitely looks better and fps remains above 60. Thanks a ton. Do you recommend doing 45fps with other games as well or is that just a bf4 thing?

45fps works well for many fast games. For slow moving games like LOL I would stream at 1080p 30.

Spoiler

Here is a 4CPU Quad core server for 400 bucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-POWEREDGE-R900-4U-SERVER-4x-E7420-2-13GHZ-QUAD-CORE-CPUS-64GB-8x-TRAYS-/381273621095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58c5adc267

It really depends on what you want to do. but for video encoding it is 90% about the CPU power. 4 of the CPU listed above (Theoretically) would compete with 1-2k dollar Xeons.

with most intel CPUs you can use intel quick sync to quickly move high bitrate video through your network to the server. Or pretty much any modern GPU. (Radeons and R series cards are a huge pain)

Then your server just picks up the video and you tell it to encode it hard at a much lower bitrate and stream it out.

if your computer doesn't support a quick sync like feature, you will need a capture card with is like 100 bucks and cables.