i5 4690 dances with a r9 295 x2

Go to solution Solved by Tim Drake,

Yes that build will be fine, no bottlenecks.

GPU will destroy games too although there may be better picks with Fury X or 980 Ti

Hi there!

I am planning on building a new/first PC and have a approx budget of 1300 euro +/- (exl, tax), I want to do 1440p or 2160 gaming. So far I plan to use a i5 4690 (not K) with a r9 295x2 I dont play the most demanding games/AAA titles but do not want to consider my system when wasting money on steam sales. So the question is does the r9 295x2 tip the balance and should I get a more expensive CPU or is it ok?

Thanks in advance! :)

If you plan on 4K, you might wanna wait for Fury cards to release and see what's what, they might prove to be better than 295x2. Also for 4K you might benefit from i7. But, in August Skylake is launching so might pick a new CPU. Are you in a hurry? If not, wait 2 months.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Hi there!

I am planning on building a new/first PC and have a approx budget of 1300 euro +/- (exl, tax), I want to do 1440p or 2160 gaming. So far I plan to use a i5 4690 (not K) with a r9 295x2 I dont play the most demanding games/AAA titles but do not want to consider my system when wasting money on steam sales. So the question is does the r9 295x2 tip the balance and should I get a more expensive CPU or is it ok?

Thanks in advance! :)

no you will be just fine but would wait for fury or go with 980ti

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Yes that build will be fine, no bottlenecks.

GPU will destroy games too although there may be better picks with Fury X or 980 Ti

Thanks a lot for the quick replys!