Trident of Neptune - MercoMods

MercoMods
Hello everyone! My name is Kristian Ingelstad, AKA MercoMods.

I am new to posting on forums like this, so please help me if i do something wrong! :)
I also never posted any worklogs. 

I recently finished my newest project, "Trident of Neptune". I appreciate all feedback, positive and negative.
It is a simple mod with no custom loop, just a special color theme.

Parts list:
CPU: i7-4790K
Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark S
GPU's: 2x GTX 980 Reference design
RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133Mhz, got it for 150 dollar!
PSU: Corsair Ax1200i (Yes, i know.. Overkill. Had it from when i ran 3x 780 Ti Classified overclocked)
Storage: 3x Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 1x Sandisk Extreme 128gb
Case: NZXT H440
Fans: Corsair AF140's and Af120's
Cooling: Corsair H110i GT

Here are all the parts i used, plus some more! Don't ask why i have 2 mouses there. I don't know! D:
MbcA9od.jpg

The first thing i did after i decided the color scheme, was sleeving the cables.

yaM4T04.jpg
5doBIrR.jpg
C2DSBRK.jpg

After that, i took pictures of (almost?) all the parts i used, before modding!

CPU: i7-4790K
Af4O62v.jpg

Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark S
pp7stHM.jpg

GPU's: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 reference design
LGO1tXy.jpg

RAM: 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133mhz
vmLQP0D.jpg

PSU: Corsair Ax1200i (again, please don't kill me for the overkill, i know 750watt is enough, but why buy a new weaker psu when i already have this one? D: ) CAgunIX.jpg

Storage: 3x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB  (Forgot to take a picture of the Sandisk Extreme 128gb)
UfKKIgE.jpg

Case: NZXT H440
zzVGH1V.jpg

Fans: Corsair Af140 and Corsair Af120
hn08Dyj.jpg

Cooling: Corsair H110i GT
KVrD0FL.jpg

PAINTING!

I started with the fans. It was pretty easy using Bill Owen's videotutorial on youtube! (thanks!)

iskbXDR.jpg

RAM: Just unscrewed everything, i guess.
lkeeXmq.jpg

Sadly, i didn't take too many pictures of the disassembled parts, as i was mostly recording the whole process for a video, which is coming soon. This includes everything from parts to "Trident of Neptune"!

Here's the RAM finished!
k3uQaPA.jpg
ibvMq86.jpg

Here are the finished fans! Ignore the minor gray spots on the rubber grommets. This was fixed later! :)
BU5NElQ.jpg
KPEitt8.jpg

Here's the first GPU finished painted!
05k59WV.jpg

Here's the first SSD! All of the SSD's were painted like this, but i added some acrylic plates on them later. Ignore the minor white spots on the BACKSIDE of the connection. The golden fingers/connectors was untouched, and the SSD works great. However, i should have attached the tape covering the connector better.
viFZC4l.jpg

Here's one of my favorites! The watercooler!
tA28KHm.jpg

Forgot to take a picture of the case alone when it was finished. :(
Anyways, here are some pictures of the finished build! Feel free to leave any sort of feedback on it, both constructive criticism and postive feedback is appreciated.

wVXwmYh.jpg

z9iOZpc.jpg

h8CWGFI.jpg

KiYG0Aq.jpg
Yes i know the rubber rings are ugly. I had to "sacrifice" one side, to get them back inside. However, if you take a look at the last picture, they look great from the inside. :)

1aq5NUw.jpg

t7UROtk.jpg

All the pictures were taken in this small ghetto garage, haha. We used white background for the pictures, but black for the recordings. Here's a sneak peek on the video:
. Due to some problems with Adobe Premiere, i will most likely have to recreate the start of the video, even further delaying it. :/

The "Clear" replacement window for NZXT's new H440 and Razer Edition case is machined from 3/16" cast acrylic. This window offers more durability and visual clarity over the factory Polycarbonate window. These replacement windows are made and sold exclusively by Mnpctech. You just bend tabs to install our custom H440 replacement window in your NZXT H440 and Razer designer H440 Mid tower case and available here, http://mnpctech.com/nzxt-h440-s340-razer-replacement-custom-window-smoked-clear-red-uv-green-blue/

nzxt.com_h440_razer_clear_replace_frozen

Thanks for reading/watching! Hope you enjoyed it. This is my first big project, hopefully out of many.   :)

Kristian Ingelstad
MercoMods

Black tubing. 2/10.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Holy shit.....

I don't like this phrase, as it rarely is ever true - But My jaw just hit the floor!!!!

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Woah, thanks for the good feedback, everyone! A great welcoming to the forums!

ZetZet, I'm sorry that you didn't like the tubing. I hope my next mod will be more appealing for you!

I'm so jelly of this...

What paints did you use, and when will the full build video be coming?

Amazing work, great too see people working so hard on builds like these

That is a very nice build! I wish the white and blue Corsair 240 turned out like this, it's phenomenal. Great job!!

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

I hate to be "that dude" but you've missed a bit. The Geforce logos have black areas left in them.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

holy crap... this is amazing. where did you buy those white connectors used for the custom cable sleeving?

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

This is the dream build, at first I thought the old-school motherboard colors on the sleeves was fail but then I got it... Looks beast!

• 4 weeks later...

JXj7OVQ.jpgeWy9U6A.jpg'

LEFT IS BEFORE

RIGHT IS AFTER

A little over a week ago i got my replacement window from Mnpctech. The difference was HUGE! I definitely recommend everyone with an NZXT H440 to get one. It does not get dirty quick, and it does not collect a lot of dust. It is a lot easier to clean, since i can just use regular toilet paper instead of having to use a microfiber cloth on my old one. No scratches yet,  and it is a huge improvement. There should be a link in the original post if you are interested.