R9 270X Showing Different Specs in GPU-Z

Hey all,

So I recently installed two R9 270X's in Crossfire and have been experiencing a lot of crashing, stuttering, and overall glitching. I installed both cards, connected the crossfire bridge, then proceeded to boot my rig and install the drivers. I noticed in GPU-Z that the two identical cards are showing different specs. Here are the links to the two different validations: 

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details.php?id=m4k57

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details.php?id=uvxuq

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeros crashing often as well as Skyrim. Also, if my system is asleep for too long, the screen will not wake up. System specs are as follows:

i7 4770K

16GB G. Skill RAM

Gigabyte GA-Z87X UD4H Motherboard

2 SSD's - One Boot Drive, other game drive

2 HDD's - Storage and backup

CX750M Power Supply

Thanks for the help!

Make sure both cards are in a x16 compatible PCIE slot

Do you have links to the exact R9 270 product pages?

@AudioEngineer654

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Hey all,

So I recently installed two R9 270X's in Crossfire and have been experiencing a lot of crashing, stuttering, and overall glitching. I installed both cards, connected the crossfire bridge, then proceeded to boot my rig and install the drivers. I noticed in GPU-Z that the two identical cards are showing different specs. Here are the links to the two different validations: 

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details.php?id=m4k57

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details.php?id=uvxuq

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeros crashing often as well as Skyrim. Also, if my system is asleep for too long, the screen will not wake up. System specs are as follows:

i7 4770K

16GB G. Skill RAM

Gigabyte GA-Z87X UD4H Motherboard

2 SSD's - One Boot Drive, other game drive

2 HDD's - Storage and backup

CX750M Power Supply

Thanks for the help!

One is showing as PCI-E 3.0 x16 @ x1 1.1 <-- shouldn't this be 16x 1.1 in power savings not 1x 1.1, then go to 16x 3.0 in loaded situations?

One is showing as PCI-E 3.0 x16 @ x8 1.1 <-- seems normal for the slot/load

What does GPU-Z say for BUS Width on when under load/usage..? The same?

Reseat the GPU/or Both? (Take it out of the slot, blow job that fucker (the slot), and put it back)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1. Why the hell would you cfx two 270x?

Install MSI Afterburner and report the info from there

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

The card in the 1x slot is being read incorrectly. this card doesn't have 2048 stream processors. Try using both in x16 slots or both in x8 slots if you can. Check CCC for Crossfire config/power saving features

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Hey all,

So I recently installed two R9 270X's in Crossfire and have been experiencing a lot of crashing, stuttering, and overall glitching. I installed both cards, connected the crossfire bridge, then proceeded to boot my rig and install the drivers. I noticed in GPU-Z that the two identical cards are showing different specs.

Thanks for the help!

Possibly try using DDU

DisplayDriverUninstaller - removes junk and traces left behind between driver installs, which could potentially cause GPU issues.

Do a complete clean re-install of AMD GPU drivers afterwards.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

@SkilledRebuilds I did a clean re-install with DDU and the same specs are still showing up in GPU-Z.

All mobo's are different, may be in advanced, or a submenu/section, may even be called something different... But hopefully your board has the option to change PCIE link speeds from AUTO to 3.0

Checked YOUR motherboard manual :)

PEG Gen3 Slot Configuration - In the M.I.T section of your Bios under Miscellaneous Settings

Allows you to set the operation mode of the PCI express slots to Gen 1, Gen 2, or Gen 3 or Auto <-- Set to Gen3

So I've found out that some cards use 1 1.1 as a power saving feature. Still haven't figured out how to turn that off. In GPU-Z, you can render something and it shows the card at 1 1.1 bump up to 8 1.1. My motherboard only supports two 8x cards though. That still doesn't explain one card having 2048 shaders and the other 1280 though. 

One is showing as PCI-E 3.0 x16 @ x1 1.1 <-- shouldn't this be 16x 1.1 in power savings not 1x 1.1, then go to 16x 3.0 in loaded situations?

One is showing as PCI-E 3.0 x16 @ x8 1.1 <-- seems normal for the slot/load

What does GPU-Z say for BUS Width on when under load/usage..? The same?

Reseat the GPU/or Both? (Take it out of the slot, blow job that fucker (the slot), and put it back)

GPU-Z has a render test that has the PCIE bus run at full speed by working the GPUs

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

GPU-Z has a render test that has the PCIE bus run at full speed by working the GPUs

Send Sapphire's twitter/email/facebook or contact page this picture you have with the 2048Shaders listed, explain you have issues, and you can't find a solution after trying a few.

They would have a better idea, or they'll tell you to send it in for testing.

/Tried seeing if there is a bios update for the cards? And doing so if there is an update, may help this situation completely with misread stats, as with a new bios has 'new' original values written to it..