Hearthstone - Tavern Brawl

ofr057

Hearthstone tavern brawl opened up today and I must say its a nice addition being able to play around with some higher end cards since I haven't spent hundreds in this game.

But bloody hell the first brawl is hard, I get to about the 6th turn and I'm dead.

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Nefarian is too good IMO :/

That hero power + 5mana start is just too stomping for ragnaros.

"Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm weak

Maybe I'm blinded by what I see"

- Angel | Theory Of A Deadman

Nefarian is too good IMO :/

That hero power + 5mana start is just too stomping for ragnaros.

yeah i think if they loose the mana or have equal it would be good

rags 2nd hero power is OP though 8 damage for 2 mana

yeah i think if they loose the mana or have equal it would be good

rags 2nd hero power is OP though 8 damage for 2 mana

Completely agreed, if you can hold out until late game with ragnaros the game favours you. It's just too difficult to get there :(

"Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm weak

Maybe I'm blinded by what I see"

- Angel | Theory Of A Deadman

I just destroyed a dude using Ragnaros. He has pretty good cards. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

I've now had 2 wins on nafarian

I've got nefarian 4 times won 4,got rag once and lost horribly...

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Another game against Nefarian, slowly turning it into my favor, played that 20/20 dude, he turns his health to 1 and destroys him. FML. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

yeah i think the trick with nefarian is spam that hero since it give you free spells

yeah i think the trick with nefarian is spam that hero since it give you free spells

Yeah, the free spells can be kinda OP. Especially when Ragnaros only have 5/1 creep as hero power. On the other hand, when the spell changes and you have 8 random damage, that's not nice for the opponent either, but you have to get to that point.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Yeah, the free spells can be kinda OP. Especially when Ragnaros only have 5/1 creep as hero power. On the other hand, when the spell changes and you have 8 random damage, that's not nice for the opponent either, but you have to get to that point.

think there styled nefarian is a quick beat down sorta rogue ish and rag is sorta warrior ish

think there styled nefarian is a quick beat down sorta rogue ish and rag is sorta warrior ish

True, true. It's kinda mixed. If Rag had more low powered cards you could even played him as a aggressive hunter. I have a deck build as aggressive hunter, lot of low creeps, quantity over quality style. Can be pretty devastating but susceptible against mass wipes.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

True, true. It's kinda mixed. If Rag had more low powered cards you could even played him as a aggressive hunter. I have a deck build as aggressive hunter, lot of low creeps, quantity over quality style. Can be pretty devastating but susceptible against mass wipes.

yeah I just run priest in mine, I think its broken since you cant win as rag

Imo it isn't that interesting game mode for experienced players. First win gives pack. After that there's nothing to keep you playing. Except maybe challenging friends. But not like in Ranked where you gain rank or in Arena where you already pay 150 for entering and could win pack and some dust/coins or more.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I guess i will be getting back to it soon :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Imo it isn't that interesting game mode for experienced players. First win gives pack. After that there's nothing to keep you playing. Except maybe challenging friends. But not like in Ranked where you gain rank or in Arena where you already pay 150 for entering and could win pack and some dust/coins or more.

I would agree, but i see the point I'm semi casual only bothered once doing ranked and never really got arena.

its fun because its got abit more silly, brings a thing to do once a week or when ever

I would agree, but i see the point I'm semi casual only bothered once doing ranked and never really got arena.

its fun because its got abit more silly, brings a thing to do once a week or when ever

I guess its personal preference. Like my friends loves Arena and is pretty good at it (avg 8 wins). I suck at Arena and have more fun with my own decks on ranked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I've only played 2 games of tavern brawl so far and got Rag both games. Surprisingly won both games as well and even one against Phonetap who won ESL season 2! I think the key to winning with Rag is to have a decent starting hand and stabilize until you can use the 2nd hero power. I had a lot of fun and look forward to using Nefarian.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

I do like rag but a few issues, A) destroy a legendary and the spells he gets makes your 20/20 useless, B) RNG holds too big of power, because if nefarian gets the right spells your fucked, C) if you dont get core hound pups early GG

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

nef is just op in the encounter, rag has to draw really well and nef has to draw really bad and get bad wild magic to turn it into a fairish fight

Ive had 3 people just concede at the start when they are rag.

My best rag win was 38 hp left, drew too early moltens and took enough face to pplay them turn 4

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

I've only gotten Nerfarian once so far so it's a little hard to judge. Of the 6 times I got rag, I've won 4 of them. I actually find rag quite fun to play and might actually lean towards rag. You really just need either the 2 mana 6/6 guy with taunt or the core hounds in the beginning. If you're still alive by the time the 2nd hero power activates, chances are you will win.

Funny enough, the one time I got Nerfarian, the guy surrendered on turn 2.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

Unless you get really bad hand with Nefarian or otherwise play badly, you can't loose. This challenge is soooo unbalanced.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Unless you get really bad hand with Nefarian or otherwise play badly, you can't loose. This challenge is soooo unbalanced.

It certainly seems so. The one time I got Nerfarian, my opponent conceded on turn 2. I guess I've just gotten lucky with Rag with an 80% win rate even though it was just 5 games. Looking forward to what they have prepared for us this week.

Has anyone else played this week's tavern brawl? Face hunter's wet dream lol.