Make money off a server?

megadarkwood

I've got a bunch of 4u .etc rack mount servers and they are costing quite a bit in terms of power.. Does anyone know of a way I could make money off of them? just to help pay for the power, like $10 a month or something.

Maybe mining one alt-coin to make a bit of pocket change?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

The power draw of mining would outweigh the benefits of mining.

I've got a bunch of 4u .etc rack mount servers and they are costing quite a bit in terms of power.. Does anyone know of a way I could make money off of them? just to help pay for the power, like $10 a month or something.

What the specs? You can try making some website hosting, or even setup some gameservers, where u can force people to donate to your server. This will take away some bills.

You could let people use them as teamspeak servers or something similar.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

The power draw of mining would outweigh the benefits of mining.

Not sure the exact specs but one is dual xeon other is dual opteron, one is an IBM P server i think, thats the most power hungry.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Why do you have them running if you don't use them ?

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

i would say host them as servers people can hire or VPNs or maybe even lowclass renderfarms

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

If the servers are good quality and you have good - great internet speeds, why not make a VPN service for gamers and charge like $5 a month.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Why do you have them running if you don't use them ?

Hoarding...it is a problem every where and in every generation. :D

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

What the specs? You can try making some website hosting, or even setup some gameservers, where u can force people to donate to your server. This will take away some bills.

If you force someone to "donate" then it's no longer a donation, it's a fee.

Motherboard: MSI G45 | CPU: Intel i7 4790K | RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | SSD: 2x Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | PSU: Corsair HX650W | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120's | Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition | OS: Windows 10

If you force someone to "donate" then it's no longer a donation, it's a fee.

I'd say, something like 'nice' forcing, like 'you can, but... why not?'.

if you cant find a soluton, ill be happy to take them off your hands and pay for the shipping. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

if you cant find a soluton, ill be happy to take them off your hands and pay for the shipping. 

I do use them for personal use but not to their full potential, and they are fun to play around with :)

The issue with most of the suggestions above is legal issues. For example if you wanted to host a VPN service, you would need be ontop of what every user is doing to make sure they are keeping things legal else you will get into issues and it would be your fault.

Hosting a website server will require that you know exactly how to secure such a service...etc

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Hoarding...it is a problem every where and in every generation. :D

Then keep them off, I don't see the point... I would use them as a seedbox/NAS/game server at least.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Game hosting, I have experience and could help you with getting it setup, I wanted to do a collab between users on the forum on making gaming servers of different kind for LTT forums, but not many showed interest (well they did, but no one had the knowledge to help except few good guys at cloudmc.co.uk)