Amazon warranty regarding graphics cards

Go to solution Solved by blackadder,

After 30 ship it to manufacture. Amazon doesn't know dick about gpu cards they aren't fixing it, they will take it within 30 days and say sorry for your inconvenience. Normally you pay shipping 1 way. Don't buy extra warranties theu are a sham normally. Gpus come with 2 to 5 years warranty you will replace it before it goes out of warranty.

So I am finally planning to upgrade my graphics card to a GTX 970. Gonna get it from Amazon cause it's much cheaper ($100+ local currency cheaper) compared to buying locally. Anyway, got a few questions regarding warranty when purchasing from Amazon. (I'm particularly looking at Gigabyte as I'm getting the G1)

1. I've heard alot about Amazon's 30-days return policy if the card I get is defective upon arrival. After this period, what about the warranty covered by the manufacturer? I.e Gigabyte / ASUS / EVGA ?

For e.g: Gigabyte site mentioned this "Please contact the location where the original order was placed." Do I contact and return the card to Amazon for RMA?

2. When adding the graphics card to cart, I came across an option to top-up certain amount of money for a: "Add a 3-year warranty" by Squaretrade or Assurant 360º

Does this mean that 3 years after manufacturer's warranty or 3 years together with manufacturer. The details weren't clear and I couldn't seem to find any info regarding this. Either way, it seems to me like a waste of money right?

3. Do I have to pay for the shipping for the warranty (either return to amazon or back to manufacturer) Gigabyte's website is somewhat ambiguous. 

Sorry for the long post. I'm hoping there's a few amazon buyers here that have experience in this and can help clarify these things. Thank you for reading.

CPU: i5-4690K 4.3Ghz @ 1.25V | Cooling: Corsair H100i | MB: ASUS z97-A | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz | GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6990 2x2GB |

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot drive Win7) | HDD: 3xWD Green 2TB (Storage) | PSU: Corsair HX850W (80+ Silver) | Case: Corsair 600T White

After 30 ship it to manufacture. Amazon doesn't know dick about gpu cards they aren't fixing it, they will take it within 30 days and say sorry for your inconvenience. Normally you pay shipping 1 way. Don't buy extra warranties theu are a sham normally. Gpus come with 2 to 5 years warranty you will replace it before it goes out of warranty.

- Snip -

Aight gotcha, Thanks man

CPU: i5-4690K 4.3Ghz @ 1.25V | Cooling: Corsair H100i | MB: ASUS z97-A | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz | GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6990 2x2GB |

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (Boot drive Win7) | HDD: 3xWD Green 2TB (Storage) | PSU: Corsair HX850W (80+ Silver) | Case: Corsair 600T White