New transmutation lead to treatment for cancer

jos
Scientists have witnessed atoms of one chemical element morph into another for the first time ever—a feat that produced an unexpected outcome that could lead to a new way to safely treat cancer with radiation.
Using a scanning tunneling microscope, which can produce images of each atom in a material's surface, they observed individual atoms of iodine-125 decay. As each atom decayed it lost a proton and became tellurium-125, a non-radioactive isotope of the element tellurium.
The transformation of one element to another occurred when the researchers infused a single droplet of water with iodine-125 and deposited it on a thin layer of gold. When the water evaporated, the iodine atoms bonded with the gold. 
THey calculated number of electrons emitted from gold-bonded iodine-125. This was six times as many low-energy electrons as plain iodine-125.
(The emission of low-energy electrons, which have been shown to be very effective in radiation oncology because they break cancer cells' DNA into pieces. Because these electrons can travel only 1 to 2 nanometers—a human hair is about 60,000 nanometers wide—they do not affect healthy tissue and organs nearby.)

So how to treat cancer? make nanoparticles of gold, bond iodine-125 to them, then affix the nanoparticles to antibodies targeting malignant tumors and put them in a liquid that cancer patients could take via a single injection. Theoretically, the nanoparticles would attach to the tumor and emit low-energy electrons, destroying the tumor's DNA. The gold-based nanoparticles would be flushed out of the body, unlike free iodine-125, which can accumulate in the thyroid gland and cause cancer.

Now the technique is patented and we can see a new millionare in the future

Source

So what I'm hearing is...

Full Metal Alchemist?

Yup.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Scientists have witnessed atoms of one chemical element morph into another for the first time ever

Wrong, they're something called radioactive decay, which is considered natural transmutation.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Well thanks for fucking nothing

Flipping+Table+Meme.jpg

Well, to be quite realistic about, it if there was no money incentivizing the research then there would be no research lab to make the discovery in and thus no new cures for cancer on the horizon.  It's sort of like a nasty catch 22 where the only way of avoiding it is for all research to be government funded with increased taxes to cover the cost.  But then we'll have all the arguments that it's not the governments job to provide health care etc. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Wrong, they're something called radioactive decay, which is considered natural transmutation.

The thing is they sae the transmutation occuring through canning tunneling microscope. By patiently and continously observing it for 3 weeks. Yes people haveseen transmutation. but not a single atom doing it up close

^ @Jeraki I guess what the OP is saying is that we have seen the decay for the first time, where as we have only seen the results previously. I actually do not know if this is the actual case though.

inb4 we trade a left nut to cure the right one.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Full Metal Alchemist?

Well I've been clapping my hands and then touching people for years...they don't seem to get better  :wacko: Haven't seen the truth yet, mind you...

Case Define r3 CPU 3930k GPU EVGA GTX 780 RAM 16GB Vengeance PSU Corsair HX750W SSD Samung 840 Evo 500GB + Corsiar Force 120GB + Samsung 840 250GB HDD 2x WD Blue 1TB + Seagate 2TB Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 Monitor Asus MG279 Headphones Sennheiser HD700 + Beyerdynamic T51p + Sennheiser ie80 Microphone Rode Podcaster  DAC/Amp Denon DA-USB300 + Schiit Valhalla 

Full Metal Alchemist?

you joke but I've been finding out first hand cancer treatment costs and arm and a leg.

Not so funny now is it?  

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch