MeMac, and AIO gaming PC in an eMac [ITS DEAD now]

spwath

do give up :( it took me 4 cpu coolers and about 6 fans and tons of testing to get the NES running cooling, I know you can do it!

just take a break and come back to it later ,I am sure an idea on how to cool it better will pop in your head :)

I mean I have a 180mm intake,

And I don't really want to throw any more money at it.

It has been very frustrating.

I think I will put it on hold for like a year, I might come back to it eventually, with money to do it right

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I think I will put it on hold for like a year, I might come back to it eventually, with money to do it right

Don't worry man, take your time.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

you cant give up now this thing should be able to work just fine seeing as it had a computer and a crt in it before you may just need to do some changes to your layout of parts

did you say your using the fan for an intake? the one located in the back of the monitor?

Yeah.

I might try exhaust,and if that doesn't work, give up

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

you cant give up now this thing should be able to work just fine seeing as it had a computer and a crt in it before you may just need to do some changes to your layout of parts

The main problem is I have full atx hardware.

Matx or itx and I could fit the parts in a more ideal manor

Yeah.

I might try exhaust,and if that doesn't work, give up

yes switch it to exhaust fast , the thing is just an oven with a fan blowing on it right now.

also you could and I know you might not want to is add a couple of small vents on the bottom for air flow , more near the front of the case.

Perhaps you should have bought a smaller mobo too. Oh well just give us pics pl0x. Those temps aren't that bad. (Not ideal but not bad.)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

also a monitor, those can generate more heat that what one would think

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Perhaps you should have bought a smaller mobo too. Oh well just give us pics pl0x. Those temps aren't that bad. (Not ideal but not bad.)

The temps keep rising, idle, I shut it off at 80, and rising

also a monitor, those can generate more heat that what one would think

Especially if it's a CLF monitor like I have

I'll try a few more changes.

If it don't work, then I give up

You could cut a few more notches in it to give it better airflow

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

@ spwath

Give us some pictures so we can hlep you much better....

I will, once I flip rear fan

Nope I'm sorry, not going to work m

With fan as exhaust, things get caught in blades.

I might come back to it later, but for now I'm going to the penetrator again

But pics are coming

But pics are coming

Woot Woot!

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

Tie those things down.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

thought of getting a cheap grill and tie down the cables if needed?

grills not only safe fingers, but also other things. ;) 

if I'm not mistaken linus even used them as something to tie the cables down to in his last living room pc update.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

• 2 months later...

After I saw this, I decided I wanted to try it out myself. I will be using an ITX MB, but I would really like to know more about how you mounted the LCD

After I saw this, I decided I wanted to try it out myself. I will be using an ITX MB, but I would really like to know more about how you mounted the LCD

Well the 17 incher fit right in there, then i just used sheet metal and the vesa mount, along with screw holes in the front bezel, and screwed it on

DSCF52441.jpg

What about the power button on the LCD, wouldn't it be covered by the front panel on the eMac?

What about the power button on the LCD, wouldn't it be covered by the front panel on the eMac?

do you ever really turn off a monitor?

No, but how do initially turn it on? Maybe I am just clueless on this, but it is initially powered off right?