<Red Impact> - Phanteks Evolv ITX, Maximus Impact VII, Fury X, Custom Hardline Waterloop

Khazzirh

Alright, little update :)

Came across an M.2-drive yesterday at work, so it's gonna be implemented in the build now. Nothing better than free stuff :) 256 GB, although the PCIe-lane is reduced to x8, but that should be fine. 

C97E3217-B01F-49A6-A479-A1C77B5905FE_zps

Also got some fittings, and installed them in order to get a better visualization of the loop

4EBA6A34-DBF2-4E10-8A06-39851EB46236_zps

Stay tuned for more :) 

This is getting beyond exciting. I'm feeling very teased as I'm waiting for the tubing install. Would you just hurry up already?! lol jk  :D

Nice! looks like im coming in a little late to the party but still looks good! where are you going to mount your pump? Going for a pump/res combo?

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

This is getting beyond exciting. I'm feeling very teased as I'm waiting for the tubing install. Would you just hurry up already?! lol jk  :D

I would tell you to look forward to wednesday then, planning a bit more work then :)

Nice! looks like im coming in a little late to the party but still looks good! where are you going to mount your pump? Going for a pump/res combo?

Yeah, probably going for a combo, but I'll decide for sure when the PSU is mounted, and I know exactly how much space I have to work with :) But otherwise, yeah, combo on top of the shroud. 

Another question- since you went for the fury with its own dedicated loop, why have so much radiator cooling just the cpu? the 240 on the top should be more than enough.

(if youre doing it because you can and you have it then nvm I understand)

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

Another question- since you went for the fury with its own dedicated loop, why have so much radiator cooling just the cpu? the 240 on the top should be more than enough.

(if youre doing it because you can and you have it then nvm I understand)

Yeah, pretty much because I can, and I feel that the end-look will be more interesting with a little bit more tubing in the loop :)

Yeah, pretty much because I can, and I feel that the end-look will be more interesting with a little bit more tubing in the loop :)

Cool Cool, it should!

Alright, a little later than promised, but got a little tubing done, all I can do before the pump gets here :)

Enjoy:

D911728F-2DE7-4CAD-A0F5-677598243886_zps

Tight little bend:

9C9EFFD5-1F65-4ABA-824F-AF84929E2768_zps

Also got the M.2-drive in place in the back:

48EF32ED-12F0-488F-9799-F12276EF8717_zps

Stay tuned for more when I get the pump :)

Oh this just makes my imagination and impatience go wild when I see such teasers!

Keep up the great work!

P.S Is it just me or the fittings look dirty/dusty?

you don't really need that 120mm rad, it only creates clutter, just my non-important opinion  :)

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, been a while since I last made an update here, mainly because I was waiting for parts, and partially because I was still deciding what pump and res to use. 

Moving on to the fun stuff (be gentle, late night working, so terrible pictures using flash because its dark):

The idea is to keep the res up behind the pump as seen here:

6D64E10C-8EF1-49A9-A589-A85568A9F1DB_zps

A06C157D-323D-4FF4-9834-11E6443EA132_zps

Here I have started some initial work to see what fittings I will need and such:

F4896E8B-C70B-4CA0-97A6-2D9BA8822C48_zps

Its so cramped during the working progress that taking an alright picture is pretty hard:

F1A12192-742A-4CC2-848B-16EC61205A35_zps

Also did the smallest little mod up top in order to get somewhere to properly fill and bleed the res:

4F201E3D-1D10-4231-B7A4-EF5F9F00C6C4_zps

A small, but incredibly useful and necessary mod, as every other angle I had to work with would be hell to fill it and still get enough flow into the system/pump and still allowing it to bleed.

Hopefully I'm gonna be done this weekend, just need a few more fittings, gonna take some better pictures with better lighting tomorrow as well :)

Stay tuned!

Another little update before the finale, also showing some work in progress shots :P

Gotta love the fact that you can remove the top panel, gives such easy access to the entire inside:

CED53944-8B78-4E13-8009-D5081C12E3A5_zps

Actually gives me the opportunity to build alot of the loop outside, and just mount the entire piece into the cabinet:

067C32C4-29A2-4A60-98DB-C8D65DCD1080_zps

And now, we are here:

23118579-C53F-4EB7-A27E-AC071ADF2769_zps

Just gonna mount the parts that were done from before, and I'm ready to fill the loop and do some leak-testing :)

Stay tuned for final part!

oh god that is nice! great job with the tubing! i really love that res and pump mount! 

Little heads up, according to Jayztwocents, red liquid is really hard to clean out of systems.

• 6 months later...

Was just wondering if you will be adding in the GPU to this loop? I really like the look of a compact build like this.

I don't know how much overclocking you're doing but I would think that adding the GPU would be fine into a loop like that. No?

Opps, I should have ready the start of the post first. I didn't realise it was a fury X.

Space has been used amazingly! Kudos.

• 1 month later...

Amazing build! Came together really nicely. I'm just wondering, what's the length of the top tube?

Ughhhh Very nice 

Got to love a small powerful build 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400