Why it doesn't works on some games?

HanselPutra370

I got an ASUS G550JX with 950M, but some games like beamng drive and someothers decide to not use the 950M. The only graphic options only Intel HD in-built graphic. Can someone help? and when i charge the laptop when gaming, even when the GPU is overclocked and fan running max, when the battery is below 50% is kinda laggy. Thx :) 

The below 50% might be a power scheme issue.

About the GPU issues, it's possible the games are running in "windowed fullscreen". It's a sort of "fake" fullscreen which can cause the GPU drivers not to detect the game properly.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Manually assign the game executable thru Nvidia CP.

If i'm not mistaken, when gaming on battery Nvidia power saving mode will kick in and FPS will be locked at 30fps.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Manually assign the game executable thru Nvidia CP.

If i'm not mistaken, when gaming on battery Nvidia power saving mode will kick in and FPS will be locked at 30fps.

when gaming i always put battery on high performance, i use the power4gear high performance, the option that come from the laptop it self. :) 

The below 50% might be a power scheme issue.

About the GPU issues, it's possible the games are running in "windowed fullscreen". It's a sort of "fake" fullscreen which can cause the GPU drivers not to detect the game properly.

maybe, u ilke initial D mate? :v 

I had the same problem. in Windows I had to assing the pc to use the powerful GPU for all programs, not only the game needed. You proberly have to restart the pc before it works.

My build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooling: Mist Water cooler Mobo: MSI Kviat Black RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series (2133 MHz/8GB 2x4) SSD: Samsung Evo 850 (250GB) GPU: AMD 6990 Case: Custom PSU: Coolermaster M2 Pro (1500W) Monitor: 3 x Samsung 2223 (5992x1200)

maybe, u ilke initial D mate? :v 

Nooo i don't! :D

I love it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon