Funny joke but has a serious background

PCBudgetSolutions

Serious part:

My mom's had a tough past 12 months.  She contacted early stages of breast cancer and had the small growth removed in July 2012.  They put her on chemo as a precaution and she ended up sick in the hospital from august til September.  They thought she had Crones disease so they did surgery December 19th, 2012 only to find out she's contracted colon cancer.  Stage 4 to be exact.  She was also diagnosed with Crones as well.  Well chemo has gone well, they believe it's done better than they could have imagined.  Well she's also contracted scleroderma and her finger got an infection that wouldn't heal due to chemo.  So we were at the hospital today with her to have her pinky finger nail removed and drain the infection.  Now she's at home still working for the local school district as an aide but it's summer break.

Joke part: The nurse was going through the list of everything she's been through the last year and said, "wow what a rollercoaster ride you've been on".  To which I respond, "At least she didn't fall off".  Too soon???

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

Way too soon..

From what I read, the lady that fell off the roller caster was terribly overweight and should not have been let on because the buckle could not latch.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

I've heard a worse joke than that, but wow I feel bad for your mom.

She's doing well.  Her breast cancer re-accurance came back negative.  Exploratory surgery is August to see if she needs the hot chemo treatment or if it's in a good spot now.  Scans show much improvement but metastatic colon cancer isn't growths it spreads into the surrounding tissue.  But the scans came back GREAT and her markers are down.

Ya it is too soon.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

i hope it goes well for your mom and family

CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 4.2GHz Quad-Core    CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid     Motherboard MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150   Memory Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600     Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" SSD     Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM    Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB   Case Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower   Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V  Optical Drive none Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate

*Hugs* for your mom, i'm sorry to hear about that. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

It's never too soon,  My mum has been through similar and so has my dad. But life is too short to stop laughing. you cannot reverse the cancers by being serious but you can make big things just a smidgen smaller with comedy.

All the best, and remember to cherish what's important.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

In my mind it is always the moment to laugh. I will never forget when my grandfather was dying from lung cancer, and on his death bed he just said: "Don't bother with a funeral, just throw me in a dumpster" and my fathers respones was: "You can't die now, the house prices needs to be higher". 

That said I hope OP's mother gets better and I wish him/her all the best.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

she's doing well, i wouldnt have been offended if i was her :)

huh? i didnt get the joke lol but anyway i wish luck to your mom :)

huh? i didnt get the joke lol but anyway i wish luck to your mom :)

Six Flags amusement park let a grossly overweight women on a roller coaster.  It wouldn't latch down and she was thrown off.  Hence the joke, at least she didn't fall off.

Six Flags amusement park let a grossly overweight women on a roller coaster.  It wouldn't latch down and she was thrown off.  Hence the joke, at least she didn't fall off.

Oooooh now I get it. lol

Everyone stopped for a second and lost it including the nurse