Looking for a High precision at High DPI mice

LOST TALE

I am currently limited by hardware precision, not human precision. So if you don't understand then don't make precision based suggestions.

edit: will rewrite post after having talked.

Problem to solve: Precision at high dpi.

100% fingertip grip user.

100% Lightweight preference

Cable preference.

Don't need more buttons then 'mouse,1,2&3'. But some extras I would appareciate:

-programmable toggle to low dpi button.

-Autofire for coneniance.

NOTES: Since I am a high sensivity user, max speed for tracking is not a concern. ex: 6m/s=overkill.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I have been suggested the reaper and the M65

http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/mice/reaper/

Don't get a lazer mouse for precision

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

How much DPI do you want? I would suggest you the razer abyssus. DPI can be set to either 450, 1800 or 3500, it doesn't have any extra buttons and is very lightweight and at a low price.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

As above, dont buy a laser mouse for high precision. You really want an optical mouse that has no acceleration. 

I would say either the G502 or the Deathadder 2013/Chroma.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Don't decide on dpi but on cpi

(as fast as possible linus)

Higher DPI doesn't actually mean better precision on the screen. Higher DPI just means the cursor moves more pixels per inch moved, or to put simply: speed of the cursor. If you want the best "tracking performance" for gaming, then stick to the good optical (led illuminated in reality) sensors. Laser illuminated sensors are not as good currently, and thus should be ignored.

The M65 is one of such sub-par laser mice, and its also quite heavy. You probably might be interested in Zowie mice (AM, FK, EC, ZA) if you like no-bullshit mice with pure performance as the focus. If you just want to spec-whore then Logitech's G303 (simpler and lighter) and G502 (fancier and heavier) have the current "best" sensor on the market. Best as in highest useless numbers while still qualifying as flawless.

Depending on your demands I would pick the Logitech G303 (if you want a ton of features like RGB lighting and crazy DPI levels) or the Zowie FK1 (for a more basic mouse).

The FK1 doesn't do 1250DPI exactly, but it does do 1200, which a very small difference. Also, the DPI button is on the bottom, and you don't need any driver software for it. 

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

-snip-

I want to have high DPI WITH precision. I want both at the same instantenous time.

Don't decide on dpi but on cpi

(as fast as possible linus)

I know, thats my problem. I'm lost because there is no standard. I am not sure how widespread unrepresentative of precision dpis are. If someone has a good judgement...

Depending on your demands I would pick the Logitech G303 (if you want a ton of features like RGB lighting and crazy DPI levels) or the Zowie FK1 (for a more basic mouse).

The FK1 doesn't do 1250DPI exactly, but it does do 1200, which a very small difference. Also, the DPI button is on the bottom, and you don't need any driver software for it.

You are probably the only person who understands. I'm dissapointed at the amount of spam, I will add a safeguard in my post.

I have a 2500DPI mouse, you will have to explain how your suggestion is any better for my issue. Just to test your honesty.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I know, thats my problem. I'm lost because there is no standard. I am not sure how widespread unrepresentative of precision dpis are. If someone has a good judgement...

There are only three options, G502, G303, because of 3366´s big image array and processing capabilities, or a PTE mouse, because they dont work with pictures so tracking doesnt degrade with higher cpi.

3310 and 3988 are also strong sensors, but 3366 delivers better tracking at higher cpi.

Just to check if where on the same page, you understand I do 180s inside 1cm? and that I want to snipe with a pistol with that.

So apparently there is 'noise' with virtual pixels. So I will diminish my DPI setting on the mosue and increase ingame. My mouse is very unconsistent with micro movements, that totally cancels out when moving more then 5 pixels.

or a PTE mouse, because they dont work with pictures so tracking doesnt degrade with higher cpi.

3310 and 3988 are also strong sensors, but 3366 delivers better tracking at higher cpi.

You mean higher movement speed?

I actually slow down my movement speed when doing longer range, instead of instantly zapping to the enemy. This is to benefit from lower sensivity (caused by acceleration setting) to make the final adjustements. Otherwise it is impossible, if you put the hardware dpi grid on the screen, the enemy head finds itself between dots.

You mean higher movement speed?

I actually slow down my movement speed when doing longer range, instead of instantly zapping to the enemy. This is to benefit from lower sensivity (caused by acceleration setting) to make the final adjustements. Otherwise it is impossible, if you put the hardware dpi grid on the screen, the enemy head finds itself between dots.

?

cpi are cpi.

I just watched a video on grip types and I am definitly a fingertip gripper :D

?

cpi are cpi.

Can you show me some PTE mice? are they reliable?

I also want fingertip grip, if you know about those.

Ok which is best for optimized for fingertip grip?

I will buy several and return them. Will check if 30 day full refund laws apply to international.

There are only three options, G502, G303, because of 3366´s big image array and processing capabilities, or a PTE mouse, because they dont work with pictures so tracking doesnt degrade with higher cpi.

As above, dont buy a laser mouse for high precision. You really want an optical mouse that has no acceleration. 

I would say either the G502 or the Deathadder 2013/Chroma.

Can you show me some PTE mice? are they reliable?

I also want fingertip grip, if you know about those.

Razer Orochi, Razer Spectre or Mad Catz RAT TE for example.

Ok which is best for optimized for fingertip grip?

I will buy several and return them. Will check if 30 day full refund laws apply to international.

G303, EVGA TorQ X5 Optical, Asus ROG Sica, Corsair Sabre Optical.

How's this one: http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/mice/reaper/ ?

I mean I checked almost all your suggested mice and none are flawless for me. (fingertip+precision+lightweight)

Light

Fingertip grip

Precision on high dpi.

best candidates?

I don't see how pictures degrade at higher cpi. I think you meant that pictures degrade at hgiher movement speed, because their framerate won't catch-up.

I just want you to make sure you wrote it right.

How's this one: http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/mice/reaper/ ?

I mean I checked almost all your suggested mice and none are flawless for me. (fingertip+precision+lightweight)

Light

Fingertip grip

Precision on high dpi.

best candidates?

The Reaper is no good at all. Its not light nor does it have a good sensor. Logitech G303 is probably the one that best matches what your are looking.

I don't see how pictures degrade at higher cpi. I think you meant that pictures degrade at hgiher movement speed, because their framerate won't catch-up.

I just want you to make sure you wrote it right.

No, the images Sensors are taking are having a certain resolution and are getting up or downscaled from there via DSP, most Sensors also have  "base" cpi in the three digit area, for example the pictures A9500/A9800/3310/3988 takes are 30x30, baser cpi being around ~800.

Edit:

Look at this for an easy explanation.https://youtu.be/lc7JVjcPzL0?t=187

The Reaper is no good at all. Its not light nor does it have a good sensor. Logitech G303 is probably the one that best matches what your are looking.

I figured and ordered a G303 yesterday. nice patience. Also noticed the aluminum reaper is very heavy ironicly.

woll3 I saw something about optical sensors (I think) not working as well on black matts then on other colored mouse matts.

I stoppe dusing my black matt and noticed no difference. Now I can't find it anymore because this time I would know what to look for.