Metro 2033 Redux caused my Power Supply to blow\

Weridpan

Hi

Today I brought metro 2033 redux from the steam sale and midway through the game my pc just blew. 

What do I do?

Hi

Today I brought metro 2033 redux from the steam sale and midway through the game my pc just blew. 

What do I do?

The game didn't make it blow, what powersupply is it?

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

The game didn't do it. You most likely have a generic or bad PSU.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The game didn't make it blow, what powersupply is it?

Exactly. The game just pushed it to it's limits, utilizing more CPU and GPU power, which most likely, showed the PSUs shortcomings and made it blow. :)

Exactly. The game just pushed it to it's limits, utilizing more CPU and GPU power, which most likely, showed the PSUs shortcomings and made it blow. :)

Cue Scarface theme.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Your PSU sucks, maybe it killed the whole system with if so hard luck.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

the power supply I have is a cooler master RS-500-PSA-j3

According to cooler masters website that psu has 70% efficiency, that is bad.

How old is it?

Terrible PSU, not suprised it let go sooner rather than later.. Look at EVGA B2 as a decent replacement.

Not the exact model but will give you an idea... be careful with CM PSU's, some are good, some are garbage.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Elite-Power-460-W-Power-Supply-Review/1005/9

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

According to cooler masters website that psu has 70% efficiency, that is bad.

How old is it?

I'm not sure. I've had it in this pc for about a year now but we may have had it for longer

What are your full system specs?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

What are your full system specs?

AMD FX4350

ATI HD Radeon 6970

12 gb of ram

Aio water cooler

Seagate 2TB HDD

256gb crucial ssd

also i have found a 1000w power supply with bronze 80 efficiency in my loft which my dad had

That is a garbage power supply that can only do a peak load of 360W on the +12V rail, who knows what it can put out continuously? Bad combo with a 200W GPU and a 95W CPU, especially if you're overclocking the CPU or GPU at all.

AMD FX4350

ATI HD Radeon 6970

Yeah that PSU was definitely not enough to handle a 6970 system

"Rawr XD"