ASUS Auto Extreme Graphics Card Design (PCDIY)

Steve N. Mavronis

looks perfectly clean, but id still want a backplate and cooler to cover it up, just because that looks even better :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

PCDIY

Lol. at first I thought it was AMD and I was going full on: Bullshit during the first 30 seconds of the video

Sorry then please delete this thread? My post was from ASUS' 'official' PCDIY channel and was only 30 minutes old today when I saw it for the first time ever and shared it. I have no clue how legitreview's YouTube channel account uploaded an ASUS video (as linked above in euniqe's post) to YouTube that they didn't produce nor own and thus violates YouTube copyright posting rules.

photo.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/user/PCDIYasususa/videos

I'd like to point out that dome lights in Ford cars are also 100% automated assembly :)

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Yes the backplate is a must for looks, logo branding, and preventing the dreaded GPU sag.

some people would be surprised but a good backplate helps with cooling as well.

All I thought about when watching the video was "all those people most likely lost their jobs".

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

All I thought about when watching the video was "all those people most likely lost their jobs".

yep, because when set up this production line will most likely run flawlessly without any maintenance happily ever after. and who needs changes to the process for new products or r&d amirite lolol

maybe a few lost their jobs, thats life. hella lot people get to work on way less stupid stuff now.

yep, because when set up this production line will most likely run flawlessly without any maintenance happily ever after. and who needs changes to the process for new products or r&d amirite lolol

maybe a few lost their jobs, thats life. hella lot people get to work on way less stupid stuff now.

I've made no comment on the new process and whether or not we should get it. Your sarcasm is wasted and entirely unfunny. "lolol"

A few? I really doubt that and of course it is life. It still sucks they lost their jobs to machines so I can still feel for them regardless of their replacement. I hate people but I'm not a complete asshole.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Awesome but so expensive Asus boards its not even funny.

They have the same prices as other manufacturers with more than proven quality. So not sure what you mean.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Funny, when I went to ASUS' website it said they're hiring. It seems the jobs are still there. What's good about automation is consistency and reliability is vastly improved. Every board is a higher quality than possible by hand and less prone to faulure. They have up'd the standard and given us what we want. That's a good thing. Someone compared this to Ford automation making cars. That's why you can afford a Ford and a hand built Ferrari is out of reach for the average person.

It looks great but I think the biggest gain from this will be consistency. There will always be some cards that are binned better than others but the difference between them will reduce. Who knows, we might end up at a point where all GPU's are made almost exactly the same with the same OCing capabilities. That would mean factory overclocks can get much closer to the reasonable limits of each card!