Steam Summer Sale (2015) Now Live

They jacked the price up to $80 on the bundle before the sale so it would be $59.99 when it did go on sale. Also they are trying to keep the game at $59.99 so that's why only the bundles or on sale and not the base game. which isn't a sale if you ask me. 

Oh that.

I am so used to everyone doing that everywhere.

I only buy games if I feel the price is right, not just because it says "now 75% off!!!!!" though.

Yeah a shame, I think even if it were around $45 they could have sold so many.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Oh that.

I am so used to everyone doing that everywhere.

I only buy games if I feel the price is right, not just because it says "now 75% off!!!!!" though.

Yeah a shame, I think even if it were around $45 they could have sold so many.

If I did that I would have spent over $4000 on the games I have instead of the $1700 on the games I have. Talking about Steam only.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

If I did that I would have spent over $4000 on the games I have instead of the $1700 on the games I have. Talking about Steam only.

Quite the collection you have. Which is your most played game?

I haven't done the calculator in a while. I wonder what my steam account is worth.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I haven't done the calculator in a while. I wonder what my steam account is worth.

I'm not trying to be mean. But I saw another thread somewhere on LTT about "what my steam account is worth." Isn't worth based on how much people are willing to pay for it?

Well my most played game is Vindictus but the hours are messed up on Steam. I have over 3000 hours in that crappy game. I suggest you don't play it. I wasted my life away on it and got nothing in return lol.

I'm not trying to be mean. But I saw another thread somewhere on LTT about "what my steam account is worth." Isn't worth based on how much people are willing to pay for it?

I'm not sure but my steam account says my value is $6927 and $1562 with sales.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I remember there being a thread like that somewhere around here. I was at the bar when I replies. Was too lazy to search.

When I ask what a Steam account is worth I go based on MSRP.

Well my most played game is Vindictus but the hours are messed up on Steam. I have over 3000 hours in that crappy game. I suggest you don't play it. I wasted my life away on it and got nothing in return lol.

I'm not sure but my steam account says my value is $6927 and $1562 with sales.

I don't even recognize the name...how odd. Haha

Well, I suppose I will not buy it then.

Here is mine: 

L8KIsdQ.png?1

All three Bioshock games for $10.48. Great deal for anyone who hasn't played them.

I remember there being a thread like that somewhere around here. I was at the bar when I replies. Was too lazy to search.

I don't even recognize the name...how odd. Haha

Well, I suppose I will not buy it then.

Here is mine: 

L8KIsdQ.png?1

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212160/ Don't get it. It is a free to play mmorpg but it is pay2win.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212160/ Don't get it. It is a free to play mmorpg but it is pay2win.

I despise pay to win games.

It's such bull crap.

The screenshots look awesome but there are nothing but bad reviews.

Shame. Looks like it could have been fun.

Haha yup I was lazy and drunk, apparently...

See I think "worth" means it has some sort of monetary value. It can be sold for some amount where you can profit from it.

Your library is "worth" that much to Steam... not to you. Give me the real statistics without getting hyped by marketing words.

How much of your library can you sell?  ^_^

I despise pay to win games.

It's such bull crap.

The screenshots look awesome but there are nothing but bad reviews.

Shame. Looks like it could have been fun.

Yup. If it was not a pay2win game it would be amazing. I love the combat system in that game.

Haha yup I was lazy and drunk, apparently...

See I think "worth" means it has some sort of monetary value. It can be sold for some amount where you can profit from it.

Your library is "worth" that much to Steam... not to you. Give me the real statistics without getting hyped by marketing words.

How much of your library can you sell?  ^_^

Pretty hard to say.

I do not intend to sell it...so in reality it is priceless to me.

Pretty hard to say.

I do not intend to sell it...so in reality it is priceless to me.

I think you keep missing my point or you're trying to diverge from it. Steam doesn't let you sell games.

i hate rockstar and valve i think all can guess why...*cough cough* corporate greed *cough cough*

Hot dog! The sales get worse every time I look at the deals. Did valve get an amateur sales team this summer or what

I think you keep missing my point or you're trying to diverge from it. Steam doesn't let you sell games.

I understand that. That doesn't matter to me though.

I told you what I consider to be the worth of a Steam account. Retail price added up...of course that is not what is really worth....

People do sell their Steam accounts for significantly less....however since I do not wish to sell my Steam account, I have absolutely no desire on finding out what the true monetary value of my account is worth. Why would I?

You can argue it is worthless because selling accounts is against the rules (even though people do it anyways).

I use the Steam calculator as a fun way to compare accounts. Do you believe anybody who uses the Steam calculator feels that their account is worth that much? Really? Who would ever think that?

What I don't understand is why you keep trying to explain this to me. No one here takes those numbers seriously....no one really cares what the true value of a Steam account is, if you do believe they even have a value.

Edit: Not being a dick or mad btw. I am just saying that I understand you. What I use is a comparative tool that is in no means meant to be taken as a real value.

I understand that. That doesn't matter to me though.

I told you what I consider to be the worth of a Steam account. Retail price added up...of course that is not what is really worth....

People do sell their Steam accounts for significantly less....however since I do not wish to sell my Steam account, I have absolutely no desire on finding out what the true monetary value of my account is worth. Why would I?

You can argue it is worthless because selling accounts is against the rules (even though people do it anyways).

I use the Steam calculator as a fun way to compare accounts. Do you believe anybody who uses the Steam calculator feels that their account is worth that much? Really? Who would ever think that?

What I don't understand is why you keep trying to explain this to me. No one here takes those numbers seriously....no one really cares what the true value of a Steam account is, if you do believe they even have a value.

Edit: Not being a dick or mad btw. I am just saying that I understand you. What I use is a comparative tool that is in no means meant to be taken as a real value.

Because I secretly hate marketing departments and I feel like I have a duty to keep people from falling into marketing traps. Using "worth" has a completely different psychological effect than the actual word, which is "cost."

Say these aloud:

• My Steam account is worth $250
  • My Steam account cost me $250

Let's just call this a psychology brief. I'm not trying to cause a ruckus either.

Hot dog! The sales get worse every time I look at the deals. Did valve get an amateur sales team this summer or what

I only come back for the cards now.

They disappointed me harder than AMD with their rebrands. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

-snip-

Hmm. I use the word out of habit.

I could try using "cost" but old habits die hard.

I'll try to remember this for the sake of the effect it has on others as you say.

Here's hoping this terrible memory of mine will retain this information.

I already spent over $200 so far. My wallet.

Yes the rebrands are considerably annoying. However, AMD found a recipe that works pretty good, and it can keep up with the competition. This is the second rebrand of the 7000 series video cards. In a way... that's kind of impressive. The biggest issue is the current mainstream gaming market: 1080p at 60 fps. That's not very hard to achieve for cards that have been at that level for generations now. Is 144 fps growing? Yes. Is 4k growing? Yes. Are they mainstream? Not even close.

On the other hand... this sale is like prom for gamers. But on prom night, we ran out of things to do and left early. Separately.

Hmm. I use the word out of habit.

I could try using "cost" but old habits die hard.

I'll try to remember this for the sake of the effect it has on others as you say.

Here's hoping this terrible memory of mine will retain this information.

I'm not trying to change you! haha You're perfect the way you are.

I know there's like 10 year old kids that browse this forum... I have to make sure they grow up to be a little bit more than money spenders  ;)

I already spent over $200 so far. My wallet.

$200 from the deals in this summer sale alone?

$200 from the deals in this summer sale alone?

Yup. So many games.

So far I've only picked up 3DMark when it was 80% off. Basically anything from my wishlist that goes over 50% off is a winner imo. 

Desperately waiting for the Star Wars X-Wing/Tie Fighter bundle to go on sale.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set