3d Printers

red_dr4gon1

I was wondering what 3d printers you have if you have one. I have an xyzprinting da vinci 1.0 and am building my own custom one.

i got mine off ebay, they are selling for about 200-400 right now, especially if its used. If you can find a 1.0 model over the 1.0a(which has XYZ printing across the front door) you'll have way less issues as far as rooting the firmware. if you dont care about rooting the firmware then just use simplify3d and make sure its not connected to the internet. I find that i do have quality issues on the first layer, however i have a buddy with a kossel and a davinci that is currently being used to print the part for a 3up(he has the up but never assembled it)

All in all im finding all the issues im having with quality aren't happening with the printer but with my slicer settings. my buddy is using purely simplify3d while im using just repetier host. What goes on is my first layer comes out under extruded. but my buddy has no issues. i have simplify3d but initially had problems with it not being able to control the printer or the prints just failing to even start right.

I have a Velleman K8200.

Having some problems to make it work. First off, one of the stepper motor drivers doesn't work properly so for now I can only do dry runs. I'll replace it soon though. That's only a small issue.

Apart from that I did have to modify the firmware slightly to make Cura recognise the printer, because Cura has a bug where it doesn't support the baud rate the Marlin firmware uses by default.

If you look up reviews of the thing you do read the occasional comment about poor build quality. Now, it comes as a kit (700+ parts) so the build quality is kind of up to you to get right. I imagine it'll work just fine.

Also, apart from 3d-printing it can also function as a 3-axis CNC mill, when you get the kit with the dremel-like tool (Actually feels better quality and a lot quieter than a Dremel).

It'll be interesting to see how this machine performs. I'll be sure to let you know.

Also, I think it'd be fun to design my own printer at some point.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I was looking at that one but decided against it I hope it works well for you. If you want make a post on how well it works for a printer and how well it works for a mill. I am looking at making a mill but get a hybrid would also be nice.

Main work PC:Surface Pro 3 i3 with a 128 GB micro sd card

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/367001-nixie-tube-clock-build-log-and-plans/

I have a Velleman K8200.

Having some problems to make it work. First off, one of the stepper motor drivers doesn't work properly so for now I can only do dry runs. I'll replace it soon though. That's only a small issue.

Apart from that I did have to modify the firmware slightly to make Cura recognise the printer, because Cura has a bug where it doesn't support the baud rate the Marlin firmware uses by default.

If you look up reviews of the thing you do read the occasional comment about poor build quality. Now, it comes as a kit (700+ parts) so the build quality is kind of up to you to get right. I imagine it'll work just fine.

Also, apart from 3d-printing it can also function as a 3-axis CNC mill, when you get the kit with the dremel-like tool (Actually feels better quality and a lot quieter than a Dremel).

It'll be interesting to see how this machine performs. I'll be sure to let you know.

Also, I think it'd be fun to design my own printer at some point.

How much was it?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/367001-nixie-tube-clock-build-log-and-plans/

How much was it?

Mine was 600 euros but you can get them cheaper if you don't buy the version with the included Proxxon mill.

It's also almost identical to the OpenElectronics 3drag

In a few days though I'll be able to tell you how good it is.

It's a little tedious to assemble, especially because the angle mounts that hold the aluminium extrusions the machine is made of together were a bit of a tight fit, but its construction is fairly sturdy. The firmware is the open source Marlin firmware, one of the better RepRap firmwares.

The broken stepstick is just one of the risks of buying a kit, because the machine can't be tested as a whole before it leaves the factory. They're just an industry standard part and not that expensive, so I guess I'll just buy another one instead of bothering to contact Velleman for a replacement.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Mine was 600 euros but you can get them cheaper if you don't buy the version with the included Proxxon mill.

It's also almost identical to the OpenElectronics 3drag

In a few days though I'll be able to tell you how good it is.

It's a little tedious to assemble, especially because the angle mounts that hold the aluminium extrusions the machine is made of together were a bit of a tight fit, but its construction is fairly sturdy. The firmware is the open source Marlin firmware, one of the better RepRap firmwares.

The broken stepstick is just one of the risks of buying a kit, because the machine can't be tested as a whole before it leaves the factory. They're just an industry standard part and not that expensive, so I guess I'll just buy another one instead of bothering to contact Velleman for a replacement.

Thanks