3d Printers

red_dr4gon1

i have an ultimaker 2 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I was wondering what 3d printers you have if you have one. I have an xyzprinting da vinci 1.0 and am building my own custom one.

how do you like it? Im looking at 3d printers and cant spend to much

Not answering your question, but do you find it useful? Or do you find yourself trying to think of things to print, or printing for its own sake? I'm interested in them, but I don't know if I can justify the money if it's just going to be something that I have to (in a way) force myself to use. 

how do you like it? Im looking at 3d printers and cant spend to much

I have worked with makerbots and they are amazing but they cost a lot. I got my da vinci for 400$ on sale it costs 500$ atm. I love it but the filament is expensive (25$ a kg) I modded mine to use other filament.

Main work PC:Surface Pro 3 i3 with a 128 GB micro sd card

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/367001-nixie-tube-clock-build-log-and-plans/

@felixbearpig Nice i was looking at that one but it is a little expensive for me at the moment.

i got it for 1900 usd from ultimaker even though they say its 2500usd on their site

and it is expensive but its extremely easy to use.  im software retarded and i can make it print like a pro

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

if anyone wants a really cheap (but good for the price) 3d printer, start with the Oneup or Twoup Printers. the oneup is only 200 bucks! look for a youtube channel called 3dprintedlife and he can show you the printer and how to use it, upgrade it, and make it into a new printer.

Not answering your question, but do you find it useful? Or do you find yourself trying to think of things to print, or printing for its own sake? I'm interested in them, but I don't know if I can justify the money if it's just going to be something that I have to (in a way) force myself to use. 

I do a lot of prototyping so it comes in use a lot for me and I got into 3d printing after fixing my schools 3d printer. I sometimes print small things that have no use like companion cubes. I also print things for other people for a small fee like iphone cases. I would just say it varies person to person. I find it fun to build things like working gear boxes. I also made a custom test bench for like 10$ with it. If you are willing to spent like 300$ you can get an entry level one if you dont plan on using it a lot.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/367001-nixie-tube-clock-build-log-and-plans/

if anyone wants a really cheap (but good for the price) 3d printer, start with the Oneup or Twoup Printers. the oneup is only 200 bucks! look for a youtube channel called 3dprintedlife and he can show you the printer and how to use it, upgrade it, and make it into a new printer.

Or spend another 50$ and get one with 10 micron quality instead of 75 micron.

I have worked with makerbots and they are amazing but they cost a lot. I got my da vinci for 400$ on sale it costs 500$ atm. I love it but the filament is expensive (25$ a kg) I modded mine to use other filament.

I dont mind modding or building my own. im just worried about the print quality, 

like how would this:http://www.amazon.com/XYZprinting-Da-Vinci-1-0-Printer/dp/B00H7VEU0G/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1397711152&sr=1-1

compare to a makerbot?

I'm building a delta soon maybe a kossel. I used an original maker bot for a while and I model using blender and 3ds Max, I have also used zbrush before for some textures

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

@Kyuubixchidori It good build quality though it can take somewhat longer than a makerbot. But over all it is very good at least for what i use it for. The mac software is not the best but the pc one is good. If you want I can try to find some pictures of some of my builds.

@Kyuubixchidori It good build quality though it can take somewhat longer than a makerbot. But over all it is very good at least for what i use it for. The mac software is not the best but the pc one is good. If you want I can try to find some pictures of some of my builds.

yeah thatd be great. I dont mind slower prints if it means it saves money, i care more about what the final print will look like

I'm building a delta soon maybe a kossel. I used an original maker bot for a while and I model using blender and 3ds Max, I have also used zbrush before for some textures

Nice when do you think you will be finished with it I would love to see some pictures of it!

yeah thatd be great. I dont mind slower prints if it means it saves money, i care more about what the final print will look like

Also you may want to build a filament reseter using an arduino mini pro so you can use cheaper filament. The arduino mini is only about 2$.

Also you may want to build a filament reseter using an arduino mini pro so you can use cheaper filament. The arduino mini is only about 2$.

yup. I have no issue modding or makeing my own. what's the cost to DYI one?

-appreciate the help. hopefully will also make you think or give insight about what you should do also

yup. I have no issue modding or makeing my own. what's the cost to DYI one?

-appreciate the help. hopefully will also make you think or give insight about what you should do also

Diy what the filament reseter?

Diy what the filament reseter?

oh, for DIY, for a whole 3d printer. I know its probably pretty flexible, but I was just thinking how cool it would be to build a rather large 3d printer

Nice when do you think you will be finished with it I would love to see some pictures of it!

I hope to do it some time this summer. I almost have all the money and I just need to find a good BOM list and then I am going to build I'm hoping it is around 300-400 when finished

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

if anyone wants a really cheap (but good for the price) 3d printer, start with the Oneup or Twoup Printers. the oneup is only 200 bucks!

Uh that's interesting 200USD=180€+1.7%+19% taxes=218€ But I should watch the videos firstly and I have to figure out where to put the printer.