Do you think this is legit?

AlanAlan

Maybe yes

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

yea seems fine. its used and small so its a fair price 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

He's sold a lot of them so I assume so.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

actually might buy one. seems perfect for OS and chrome. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Yes, it's legit.

No, it's not worth it.  32GB is nothing.  

Get at least a 256GB mSATA SSD.  If you can't afford one, then save up for one.  You're making a mistake by going with a 32GB SSD.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

Yes, it's legit.

Get at least a 256GB mSATA SSD.  If you can't afford one, then save up for one.  You're making a mistake by going with a 32GB SSD.

i mean its good enough for Windows and chrome so i dont think its that bad... plus its only 20 bucks compared to 100

32GB is going to fit a Linux OS at best, not what I'd recommend for windows. What if you could raid a couple of these though?

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

trying to be big with your 256? -_-

No.  I'm trying to give economical advice.

A person will outgrow a 32GB SSD within weeks of ownership.  At that point, they're going to want higher-capacity SSDs.  So even if a 32GB SSD is $15, I'd consider that $15 that's going to become worthless in the near future.

Meanwhile, something like a 256GB SSD will have enough capacity to last someone installing OS / apps / games (no bulk media) for quite some time... most likely years into the future.  So if you're going to drop the money, put it into something that will last, rather than putting it into something cheap.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

I would avoid used SSD's off ebay when the seller has large quantities of them available for too good to be true prices. at least ask a question and wait for a response before thinking about it. 

This should raise a red flag or two: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=drivesupply&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

If you just use it for the os and install the programs and place photo's on a hard drive then it will do just fine. That's what I'm doing and I don't even exceed 20GB. installing games on a ssd doesn't improve gaming itself, only the loading times.

some apps may benefit from it but such apps are quite rare. 

and if you want more capacity then just buy like 3 of them and run them in raid 5 and problem solved. Still easy solution for having fast speed with some capacity and a way to keep your files more protected when one stops working because of the raid

mate, how do you manage to fit that? the normal windows install is like 25-30 gigs.

60 is a tiny ssd, and i worked just fine off one. right now im using 128 and its the perfect sweet spot. with anything smaller youd be constantly juggling what you can store and be a huge pain

edit: and wtf, how are you planning on raiding msata drives?-reason i meant to comment. 

If you just use it for the os and install the programs and place photo's on a hard drive then it will do just fine. That's what I'm doing and I don't even exceed 20GB. installing games on a ssd doesn't improve gaming itself, only the loading times.

some apps may benefit from it but such apps are quite rare. 

and if you want more capacity then just buy like 3 of them and run them in raid 5 and problem solved. Still easy solution for having fast speed with some capacity and a way to keep your files more protected when one stops working because of the raid

If you're buying 3, getting a single larger capacity would be better. However, for light OS usage, or even as a cache drive, I think it is worth it. I run Xubuntu off a SD card, on a netbook and it is fine for opening Firefox.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

I googled the serial and it is legit. You can use it as a boot drive and probably nothing else :/

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

It is legitimate (insofar as it is not a total scam), but I second the advice to look at the seller's feedback.

I also agree, that for a general use computer, a small SSD like that is not going to prove valuable.

As an OS drive for an HTPC or NAS, where everything else was going onto HDDs, it could be fine.

Don't see why everyone is saying it's not worth it for 32GBs; $17 for an SSD to just stick your OS on? Bargain. 

EDIT: After looking into the SSD, the speeds don't seem to be mind-blowing... Still worth it IMO. 

Yes, it's legit.

Lol no. MY 120GB is way to big. You only need OS and everyday programs on it.

EDIT: After looking into the SSD, the speeds don't seem to be mind-blowing... Still worth it IMO. 

Yeah, exactly, still and SSD so totally worth.

Yes, it's legit.

if im not mistaken, less storage = faster ssd

if im not mistaken, less storage = faster ssd

larger SSds tend to be faster.

like the 850 evo, the larger capacites are faster, as they have more storage to work with

larger SSds tend to be faster.

like the 850 evo, the larger capacites are faster, as they have more storage to work with

ahhhhh :)

Yes, it's legit.

No, you're wrong. Most people can easily get away with 64GB if they have an HDD as well. I got away with 64GB for over a year without any problems. 256 is more than you need to a just OS drive. Also, mSATA comes at a premium.

mate, how do you manage to fit that? the normal windows install is like 25-30 gigs.

60 is a tiny ssd, and i worked just fine off one. right now im using 128 and its the perfect sweet spot. with anything smaller youd be constantly juggling what you can store and be a huge pain

edit: and wtf, how are you planning on raiding msata drives?-reason i meant to comment. 

Windows 8.1 only takes up around 15GB for me.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

No, you're wrong. Most people can easily get away with 64GB if they have an HDD as well. I got away with 64GB for over a year without any problems. 256 is more than you need to a just OS drive. Also, mSATA comes at a premium.

Windows 8.1 only takes up around 15GB for me.

last time i looked at evo drives, the sata versions where actually a few bucks cheaper, but we where looking at the standard 64/128/256/512 sizes. may be diffrent now, it was only a few bucks so obviously can change quickly. 

interesting, I wonder if there was some caching by default that was different, as mine took up 25 gigs I believe. I know after installed drivers and chrome I had 32 gigs used. im running a 60 gig partition, as i want to save 60 for OSX. Im also running a 1 tb hard drive, so i just throw everything there. 

dont some motherboards support using msata as just auto cache? that might be a good feature for just a15$ or whatever this drive was