The Beauty & the Beast (On-Going Project)

Strike1st

2yni72v.png

Hello Folks, I'm fairly new to building computers and for my first time building my first 2 PCs I think I did damn well. "except for the fact that I did a lousy cable management the first time building it.

Most of my learnings came directly from Linustechtips or from Linus himself through youtube and small bits of others.

This is a preview of 2 computer PCs. The naming came strangely from a friend of mine when he saw my setup. I showed him my first computer and he refered to it as beautiful because the cable management was so neat and the LED of choice was purple. When he played with my 2nd computer he refered to it as a beast. Thus, derived the name The Beauty & The Beast. Bear in mind that the beast is still developing and I plan to apply water cooling on GPUs and CPU "havent done water cooling before but I read a lot about it" and I simply refuse to use hoses for piping because I think it looks ugly. I plan to go straight for hardpipe. But bear with me as I am still in the learning process.

Without furthur a due, I will place the pictures and then in a later post I will post the items you see in these pictures. There you go:

The Beauty:

CASE: corsair 760t
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME  
CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X overclocked to 4.0 Ghz stable
GPU: 2x EVGAGTX TITAN X - SLI mode
ROM: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + WD black 2TB
RAM: Corsair DOMINATOR® Platinum Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 2666
CPU COOLER: NZXT X61 280mm
Extra:
green cable sleeving
Corsair Dominator Platinum Lightbar Kit
Silent corsair fans
NVIDIA SLI bridge 2 way spaced.

33a6ww7.jpg

2e3srvc.jpg

10nao9g.jpg

hs5put.jpg

The Beast:still under development.

CASE:  corsair 900D
 PSU:  Corsair AX1200i
 MOTHERBOARD:  Z97 GAMING 7
 CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K overclocked to 4.4 Ghz stable
 GPU:  2x MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G
 ROM : Sa msung 850 EVO 250 GB + WD black 2TB
RAM: 32 GB vengence DDR3 2666
CPU COOLER: Corsair crap
Extra:
Orange/Black cable sleeving
Orange fans

34sqn34.jpg

jq6c7l.jpg

33tp2sl.jpg

My Desk Setup:

2ey8kty.jpg

2rdbu2p.jpg

j6mk44.jpg

23r68ld.jpg

items in the photos will be explained in a later post.

I would also love to have some opinions on how to improve my PC or my desk that would be lovely.

O______________________________O

I want your office.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

If you notice the piece of wood is slightly lighter to the left side because I built that extension myself. The desk I got from IKEA 10 years ago. They no longer make it which is why I created the extension myself.

Ok I've seen the Kramer before, but that costanza poster is wonderful. And right, the computers, beauty is super clean. Well done

The beauty is more powerful than the beast?

Who said anything about power :P

In any case, The beast is better than the beauty in terms of gaming. since I can push the CPU harder. I could just swap my GPUs based on what I need.

The beauty is there for rendering and 3DS designing.

You need to overclock your CPU's and GPU's more.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM