Keyboard Dust Cover

instinctnir

Hey Guys,

I just ordered a new K95 RGB, and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can order [preferably ebay because i need international shipping] a keyboard cover to protect from dust and cat hair. I mean something like the plastic piece that comes with the black widow boxing that could fit over the keyboard and just won't let any dust or hair stack on it while its not in use...

Thanks,

Nir

I am so following this... I need the same thing for my K70, the dust is unbearable in my place

i have never needed a cover , what condition is your keyboard in when it is just standing around ... ?? are you like jabbing at it with a knife of something ?

I don't think things get dusty because they are stabbed...

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

i have never needed a cover , what condition is your keyboard in when it is just standing around ... ?? are you like jabbing at it with a knife of something ?

I have the all black K70 so every speck of dust and dirt is seen on it and I don't want to remove the keycaps every two weeks just to clean up the dust

lol . but my stuff doesn't get scratched from dust , i just wipe / blow it of and its good to go

Nobody said anything about scratches. A cover helps to prevent the dust getting into the gaps between the keys.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

ye but i'm just looking for a cover to put over my keyboard for when i go to sleep ^^ since i have 2 cats the keyboard can get quite cluttered with cat hair :P 

also this way you have to clean it [like removing the keys and all] less often....

so no ideas? no one know any where to buy such a thing?

Get some saran wrap from your local grocery store.

Hi.

Just use a cloth to cover it or something.

Or turn your keyboard upside down when you leave.

{PC} i5 4690 | Gigabyte R9 290 | Asus H97-Plus | 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury | CM Hyper 212 Evo | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | Adata SX900 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB TT 650W Smart Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed

{Audio} Ear/Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400, Westone 4R, Shure SE535 Amp: Little Dot MKIII, Fiio E11 Dac: LIttle Dot Dac II

Hmmm, maybe wrap it up in a plastic bag, i tried searching online but couldn't find any. I have a k70 and that would be great for when i want to eat (things can get pretty messy), just to have a keyboard protector. Tell linus to talk to some corsair about this, im sure they would listen to him.

Hmmm, maybe wrap it up in a plastic bag, i tried searching online but couldn't find any. I have a k70 and that would be great for when i want to eat (things can get pretty messy), just to have a keyboard protector. Tell linus to talk to some corsair about this, im sure they would listen to him.

I wish I could talk to him, lol.

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

I put a peice of cardboard over my keyboard, as it is hard to clean, a s under the key caps the entire keyboard is covered in a layer of rubber

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."