Hyper 212 Evo but not a Hyper 212 Evo

Sam Z Man

Be Quiet! will work just as good and looks amazing. Did I mention it is black?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/384166-newegg-us-2499-be-quiet-pure-rock-cooler/

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Have you heard of spray paint?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Be Quiet! will work just as good and looks amazing. Did I mention it is black?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/384166-newegg-us-2499-be-quiet-pure-rock-cooler/

The cheapest one they have that is black is 70$, so out of my price range. Edited by Sam Z Man

Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 if its in your budget and the case is big enough. I have the cooler and it looks great and works much better than the Hyper 212 Evo at cooling (albeit at a greater price). If that's not within your budget, then the Dark Rock 3 (non pro version) is slightly cheaper.

Just read the above post.

The hyper 212 evo is a great cooler and very tough to beat for its price.

Gelid make a few, for example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835705069&cm_re=gelid_cpu_cooler-_-35-705-069-_-Product

Their products are generally good, but look at reviews before you decide. Phanteks also make a black one but I think it may be out of your price range again. When I did my research, I believe the dark rock pro 3 was the only good looking black cooler that didn't break the bank and cooled very well (got it for about £20 cheaper than the DH-14). The rest were cheap looking and you'd probably be better off with the stock cooler.

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

Top plate isn't black, just like the 212 - I think that's what the OP's concern is.

CPU: Intel i5 4690K - Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x4GB @ 1866Mhz - GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 4GB - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed (with Red AKASA Led Strips) - Display: Benq GL2460HM 24" Monitor

I just got the 212 evo, added a second fan (for teh lulz) and it is on an i5 2500 non k at 3.8ghz and it never even gets to 60 degrees. Tape off everything but the top plate and heatpipes and paint it matte black and the cooler looks friggin AWESOME. everything in my case is black. I only work in black or very dark shades of grey. I am not saying i'm batman, but i'm batman.

Top plate isn't black, just like the 212 - I think that's what the OP's concern is.

idk a top plate that is black, if he wants black. just go for an H50, it's $20 more than the 212 evo

idk a top plate that is black, if he wants black. just go for an H50, it's $20 more than the 212 evo

Almost every Be Quiet cpu cooler/some Phanteks and Gelid coolers are black.

The cheapest one they have that is black is 70$, so out of my price range.

The one I linked to is 24$.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA68V2326642

or do you want even the heatsink colored? Because you might not find any with that budget that performs as good as the CM Hyper 212 EVO.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Almost every Be Quiet cpu cooler/some Phanteks and Gelid coolers are black.

noted** never really looked into those CPU coolers, since i just go for 212 automatically XP

Yes that is what I was looking for, I am wanting something with a black heatsink.

And if you want the sides black as well put some engine enamel in a plate and dip the sides of the heatsink in so the paint just gets on the visible bits.

Yes I could do that but I would rather not because it would impact performance because I would spray it with a primer then spray it black and wouldn't just dip it because I'm OCD when it comes to painting.

noted** never really looked into those CPU coolers, since i just go for 212 automatically XP

Great choice, it's what I recommend to everyone but I'm picky about colours so it was the Dark Rock Pro 3 for me xD

Great choice, it's what I recommend to everyone but I'm picky about colours so it was the Dark Rock Pro 3 for me xD

im not really big on aesthetics (i dont have a windowed panel lol so i just go with the best performance XP), so yeah lol. great if you found something something that would look great on your system ^~^

Be Quiet Shadow Rock Pro if you want a size similar to the 212 Evo and better performance.

Painting the top plate won't affect performance much, if at all.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Painting the top plate won't affect performance much, if at all.

I'm looking for something completely black, with all the heat pipes and every plate because I'm super nit picky on looks.

that looks great, pretty expensive tho. never really heard of it.

Looking into it turns out Paul recommended it in his 1200$ Gaming PC may 2015 build, so I think they either paid him to suggest it, or its a good performer. I'm leaning towards him believing it's a good cooler with a nice look.

id just make it black myself :P then id have 212 EVO and the good feeling of knowing i did something :P

im actually probs gonna make my evo black over the summer

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I'm looking for something completely black, with all the heat pipes and every plate because I'm super nit picky on looks.

Looking into it turns out Paul recommended it in his 1200$ Gaming PC may 2015 build, so I think they either paid him to suggest it, or its a good performer. I'm leaning towards him believing it's a good cooler with a nice look.

try to dig through a bit for more info, you dont wanna regret it later, since the 212 Evos are super awesome and super cheap.