Best way to game?

ryyo96

Hi everyone.

Finally, I have sorted the specs for my computer and going to order it all pretty soon. All I need now is a monitor, keyboard and mouse. I just do not know what to get. Monitor wise, I'll be wanting to play games at 1080p at 60+ FPS. Keyboard and mouse wise, is that a good way to game or is it better getting a Xbox controller? I'm going to need a keyboard and mouse anyway so what would you recommend? I do not like the mechanical keyboards as I think they are very noisy and I'm used to the chicklet style keyboard. So if you guys can help me in getting a and three of these peripherals please, it would be a great help.

Thanks.

personally i play with a DS4 controller.

i only use mouse and keyboard when the game doesn't support it. (IE. mmos)

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Keyboard and mouse wise, is that a good way to game or is it better getting a Xbox controller? 

Depends on what kind of games you focus on. I find first person shooters fucki nearly unplayable on the controller, but I'd rather use a controller for something like Dark Souls.

Anyway, Logitech G502 is an awesome mouse.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

As for controller that is preference if your playing games like fifa nba2k then a controller is Highly recommended. Same with MKX. Games like witcher 3 and batman you can live with out mainly preferance there. As for keyboard depends on your bidget I guess something like the g910 orion spark or some steelseries keyboard.

Get some nice 1080p 60Hz monitor with IPS panel.

Regarding mouse and keyboard... that will be enough for gaming really. Of course some games are better to play with XBOX controller like side scrollers, platformers, racing games and such but KB+M can play all of these too quite well. So try to use KB+M and decide later if you want the controller.

Use any keyboard you feel comfortable with and the same apply for mouse however in my opinion you should invest more money on really good mouse rather than on keyboard as the mouse is the thing that matter the most in gaming in my opinion.. especialy when you play a lot of first person shooters.

Get both... A DS4 controller is more comfortable for me personally BUT comes with some issues with compatibility..

For keyboard, it's what is comfortable for you.. Mouse, same thing.. if there is a style you like then we can give better advice.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

mouse and keyboard all the way.  I use a razer naga 2012 as my daily driver mouse and a poker II keyboard with mx cherry clears.  Came from mx blues before.

personally i play with a DS4 controller.

i only use mouse and keyboard when the game doesn't support it. (IE. mmos)

Depends on what kind of games you focus on. I find first person shooters fucki nearly unplayable on the controller, but I'd rather use a controller for something like Dark Souls.

Anyway, Logitech G502 is an awesome mouse.

As for controller that is preference if your playing games like fifa nba2k then a controller is Highly recommended. Same with MKX. Games like witcher 3 and batman you can live with out mainly preferance there. As for keyboard depends on your bidget I guess something like the g910 orion spark or some steelseries keyboard.

Get some nice 1080p 60Hz monitor with IPS panel.

Regarding mouse and keyboard... that will be enough for gaming really. Of course some games are better to play with XBOX controller like side scrollers, platformers, racing games and such but KB+M can play all of these too quite well. So try to use KB+M and decide later if you want the controller.

Use any keyboard you feel comfortable with and the same apply for mouse however in my opinion you should invest more money on really good mouse rather than on keyboard as the mouse is the thing that matter the most in gaming in my opinion.. especialy when you play a lot of first person shooters.

Get both... A DS4 controller is more comfortable for me personally BUT comes with some issues with compatibility..

For keyboard, it's what is comfortable for you.. Mouse, same thing.. if there is a style you like then we can give better advice.

mouse and keyboard all the way. I use a razer naga 2012 as my daily driver mouse and a poker II keyboard with mx cherry clears. Came from mx blues before.

Thanks for all this guys. I think I'll just get myself a keyboard and mouse to start off with and see how I go. What ones would you recommend for me playing GTA 5, Battlefield, Farcry and some driving games. A budget gaming keyboard and mouse, preferably a chicklet style keyboard. I'll keep having a look at the ones you've mentioned already.

Monitor wise. I'm looking at monitors like AOC 23" 1080p IPS displays. Some have built in speakers, some don't. Having built in speaker is a big plus for me but is it good quality sound that comes out, or is it better getting stand alone speakers? What is the best response time to get for a gaming monitor. 5ms, 6ms? Does it work like 5ms is better than 6ms?

1ms. If you want 60+fps than go with a 120Hz or 144Hz monitor with 1ms response. If you don't race or play fps, go with an IPS. They are around 5ms.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Built in speakers on a monitor are usually terrible. Can't say specifically for a model.. you'll need to look at reviews but it's going to be similar to laptop (I know some laptops are really terrible and others not so much.. but they are still not ideal)

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

1ms. If you want 60+fps than go with a 120Hz or 144Hz monitor with 1ms response. If you don't race or play fps, go with an IPS. They are around 5ms.

Built in speakers on a monitor are usually terrible. Can't say specifically for a model.. you'll need to look at reviews but it's going to be similar to laptop (I know some laptops are really terrible and others not so much.. but they are still not ideal)

So if I want to play GTA 5 at over 60FPS, I would need a 120 or 144Hz monitor. A 60Hz monitor wouldn't do that?

So if I want to play GTA 5 at over 60FPS, I would need a 120 or 144Hz monitor. A 60Hz monitor wouldn't do that?

You could put out over 60 fps playing on a 60 hz monitor...you just won't see more than 60 fps. I use high refresh monitors and love the fluidity. 

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013